1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VDO DAYTON 4200MS INTO A4 B5

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by sirmarky, Feb 10, 2011.

1. sirmarky

sirmarky Member

I connected my dayton sat nav radio into my a4 the other night , i plugged in the two standard black & brown plugs and the 3 mini iso (yellow green blue) blocks into the dayton head unit.
    there was a red plug with 3 wires attached to it that had no place to plug in , but it was connected to the original audi head unit.
    The dayton will play radio & cd's , through all speakers but doesnt sound very good , my main problem is that the boot cd changer wont power up or even eject , it worked on the original unit.
    What is this large red plufgfor ? reading through the forums i see it could be amp wiring ?
    but why wont my changer work ? , the blue mini iso is connected , which according to the vdo dayton intructions is the cd changer plug...
    do i need to power up the amp from this red plug ?

please help :banghead:

mark
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

From memory, the CD changer power or ground comes from that red plug.

Look at the schematic drawing on the top of the old head unit.
  3. sirmarky

sirmarky Member

Old head unit has no diagram , its a concert cassete type...
    also the rear speakers dont appear to work , reading into this they have an amp ? ho do i power this up ?
    I was thinking about putting the old concert unit back in but i have no code , is it possible to get the code through vagcom ? .. vagcom has a section for radio doesnt it ?
    or am i stuck with seeing the stealers ?

thanks for any help

mark
  4. sirmarky

sirmarky Member

UPDATE:
    I had a mess with the wiring , changed the earth wire around on the blue mini iso plug and got the cd changer powered up but the head unit wont recognise it...
    i managed to get all the speakers working too with reasonable sound...
    but im bugged as i'd like to run the cd changer in the boot , is there a adaptor lead to enable me to connect the changer to the vdo dayton unit ?
    the changer is the original factory fit..

mark