1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS transponder chip programming

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by craigynett, Nov 1, 2011.

1. craigynett

craigynett Member

[Nov 1, 2011]
    Hi

i've recently started key programmng as part of what i do for a living. At the moment i use Super Vag Plus V2.0 to read pin codes & my Advanced Diagnostics key programming tool to do the actual programming.

The problem i'm having is that i've tried to program new keys to an A3 & a Leon this week but seem to be having a bit of bother with it. I got the pin codes from the cars with no bother which were both 5 digits, which they usually are but up until this week they've all started wth 0 so I just knock the 0 off the start as my key programmer will only take a 4 digit number. The 2 cars this week started with numbers other than 1 so can't knock it down to a 4 digit number.

Will VCDS allow me to enter them as the full 5 digit pin code? I don't want to go buy it if it won't help me any further.

If it helps the A3 is a 2005 & the Leon is a 2009. Both canbus

Thanks

Craig
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Nov 2, 2011]
    I'm sure when I did my B5, I had a 4 digit SKC, and had to add a 0 to make it a 5 digit code for VCDS to program. Check the Ross-Tech website, as they had a good write up on programming keys.