1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS transponder chip programming

craigynett Nov 1, 2011

1. craigynett

craigynett Member

Hi

i've recently started key programmng as part of what i do for a living. At the moment i use Super Vag Plus V2.0 to read pin codes & my Advanced Diagnostics key programming tool to do the actual programming.

The problem i'm having is that i've tried to program new keys to an A3 & a Leon this week but seem to be having a bit of bother with it. I got the pin codes from the cars with no bother which were both 5 digits, which they usually are but up until this week they've all started wth 0 so I just knock the 0 off the start as my key programmer will only take a 4 digit number. The 2 cars this week started with numbers other than 1 so can't knock it down to a 4 digit number.

Will VCDS allow me to enter them as the full 5 digit pin code? I don't want to go buy it if it won't help me any further.

If it helps the A3 is a 2005 & the Leon is a 2009. Both canbus

Thanks

Craig

2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member VCDS Map User

I'm sure when I did my B5, I had a 4 digit SKC, and had to add a 0 to make it a 5 digit code for VCDS to program. Check the Ross-Tech website, as they had a good write up on programming keys.