1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcds second hand ?

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by welshd1k, Mar 29, 2014.

1. welshd1k

welshd1k Member

[Mar 29, 2014]
    if iw as to purchase a second hand genuine cable from a mate who has now sold his VAG and now has a astra would the live support etc transfer to me? or would I have to purchase this again? is it linked to the cable / serial on it or the person who purchased the lead?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[Apr 3, 2014]
  4. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    Hi Bruce,

A supplementary question - if that's ok

I've just upgraded my KII - bought a few years ago from yourselves - to HEX-CAN (Thanks NHN!) and now will be looking to sell my old lead.
    If the buyer has already registered with VCDS Lite, would he still have to pay the $99?
  5. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[May 2, 2014]
    Yes... in this case his VCDS-Lite registration cannot be transferred.

But, since he already is a registered user with VCDS-Lite, he will continue to be recognized as a registered user. There is really no need for him to make a change although I would love to see the faces of the techs when he emails and tells them he is using a KII... they will surely be confused by all that!

Do you guys stay up nights trying to dream up ways to confuse us? Isn't it obvious by now they we are more than capable of confusing ourselves? hehe
    @udi A3 and PAULF like this.
  6. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[May 2, 2014]
    Thanks Bruce,

I don't know who will buy it - but suspect I may be asked that question by somebody so wanted to know before I pout it up for sale!

Good news is I've now got HEX-CAN, so no more complications from me.
    (….until next time :sm4: )