1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS Questions

dannyboy75 Jan 20, 2012

1. dannyboy75

dannyboy75 Member

Hi all

I've been reading through the FAQ's on VCDS but still have a couple of questions.

Basically my airbag light has come on and I just wanted to see if I could reset it without having to pay a garage to do it. I don't really want to pay for the full version of VCDS and a Ross-Tech cable, as I'd probably never use it again (anything more technical than this and I'd have to take the car to a garage anyway).

For what I need, I wondered if I could just use VCDS-Lite and an OBD2 II cable from Ebay? But I'm not sure if this kind of cable will work with my 2005 A4 (B7) ?

thanks
    Dan

2. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

The B7 A4 requires an interface that works with the KLines as well as CAN. VCDS-Lite products are not compatible. So your best bet would be to ask someone near you to come and lend a hand rather wasting your money on a product that is not going to work.

If you decided to buy a product, you need a Ross-Tech HEX+CAN unit. NHN (Nigel), an admin here, can sell you one of the HEX-USB+CAN units he distributes.

3. dannyboy75

dannyboy75 Member

Hi Bruce

Thanks very much for clarifying

Cheers
    Dan