1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member VCDS Map User

Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

Just done a few logs with my new VCDS cable (fear I may lose a few tanks of petrol because of this) and have a few q's.

Firstly i've logged block 002 just to get an idea of gs/sec and it seems a little below my expectations.

The car is a a APY (1999) S3 with a generic Custom Code stage 1 map with a B5 v3.0 TIP and Jetex Filter, N249, N112? and SAi removed (resistors in place) I have a Catch Can to fit but it's been a little cold recently.

Now according to Block 002 I get a peak of 186.53 at 6360rpm, however the gs/sec is around 170+ between 5080rpm and redline.

Does this seem normal to you? I don't believe the car has ever had a new MAF, could this explain why it seems low to me or are my expectations too high for a 14 year old car :)

Cheers gents.

2. slowcoach3

slowcoach3 Active Member

Looks a little low, should really be looking around the 210 mark with your map and TIP etc I would think. If its never had a new maf then you want to be getting a nice shiny new Bosch one from TPS or Audi, not GSF/ECP. Any fault codes showing?

3. Blackcupraa

No fault codes, apart from no comm with alarm horn, which I alredy knew about.

I get a nice discount at ECP, what's wrong with their MAFs? Or is it due to them not being OE compared to TPS etc.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

186gs is a little low tbh... a MAF from ECP is fine as long as its a Bosch one and not a no name pattern part...

<tuffty/>

5. Blackcupraa

Thanks Tuffty, I was kind of hoping one from ECP would be okay, it was only ever going to be a Bosch one anyway.

What else should I be logging and looking for on VCDS to check the integrity of the car?

I've done a cheeky Block 120 log as well (who needs a RR? haha) and done the BHP / Torque vs RPM graph and it appears to be around 220-230 BHP.

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Bit limited on your narrowband ecu but 020 (timing pull), 115 (boost) and checking block 032 (fuel trims) are a good idea

<tuffty/>