VCDS-Lite not working :(.......

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So my vag-com cable finally turned up today :), yeah, But, the god damn thing wont work.

Ive loaded all the software up etc but it just keeps saying this when i do the test on options:

---------------------------
VCDS-Lite: Port Test
Port Status: OK
Interface: Found!
Type: Serial Pass-Through
Opto/Iso: No
Ross-Tech Design: No
Latency Test: Poor
6.7 10.0 15.3 (ms)
OK

Anyone got any ideas? Its driving me mad.

Just to add, if i go on the OBD-11 function it says this:

VCDS-Lite: Port Test
Port Status: OK
Interface: Found!
Type: Serial Pass-Through
Opto/Iso: No
Ross-Tech Design: No
Latency Test: Poor
6.7 10.0 15.3 (ms)
OK
Now is my cable broke or what? :(.

Do any of the other features work? I never used VCDS-lite, but would imagine that there will be a settings area, where the cable and communication to various controllers can be tested. Have you looked for this?

Yes leshkin. Vcds lite is same as vag-com, screens etc but without the same access to all the features. From what I gather I need to do something with a port or something along those lines!

I know about VCDS-lite, I have full VCDS.

yeah, latency messages seem to indicate that the speed at which you are connecting is too slow. You should have a virtual COM port in device manager, which you should be able to tweak baud rate settings on to increase the speed.

Also review Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Options as there are many settings that can affect connectivity. Also, is this something that started to happen recently or it never worked? If this is a recent issue, then the cable might have gone to cable heaven (as my ebay cable did a few years back)

Just re-read your original post :) It might be a dud cable dude, or crappy drivers... Drivers can be downloaded online for the chipset version that you have in your cable.

Lol, yeah mate, I've just bought it, going to buy the full licence soon but not yet as funds are tight.

Can really find anything to alter the speed etc, the only thing I can see is which port to select and it'll only let me select port 3. Tried going onto windows device manager and that shows options for port 3 or 9 but 9 is nowhere tobe on vcds.