1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcds lite, generic lead

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by boost-addict, Jun 4, 2012.

1. boost-addict

boost-addict Active Member

[Jun 4, 2012]
    ok, so i understand that a genric lead isnt going to be any cop, but im getting responce from certain modules and can access faults
    but them others stating no response from controller

depending on what im doing i get seprate errors, or like i say it works

compatibility test, states this althou i can get in to modules like the instrumentation and alarm system

[​IMG]

ie

[​IMG]

but then try a diffrent one like engine or abs and get this

[​IMG]

the port test is fine low latency but its a cheap cable so expected

[​IMG]

then for some strange reason got this error, it started to read but then get this

[​IMG]

is there any other leads that are better other then a hex can ross tech

this is the cable i got
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

im running window 7 64bit
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jun 4, 2012]
    Klima does that for some reason, seems to be a fairly difficult module to talk to.

You can adjust the latency by tweaking the settings in the system control panel for the USB serial driver, it defaults to 16ms, dropping it to 2ms or 4ms will improve things.

The cable clearly works as you can talk to the instruments. ABS issue is probably because your ABS ECU is broken, i'm sure i've said this before to you, if you've got three beeps and a big (!) as soon as you power the ignition on the ABS ECU is faulty, and you wont be able to communicate with it.

The engine is odd, could be a broken wire somewhere, or someones been hacking with the immobiliser wiring. You'll have to trace the wiring, i'd be looking behind the clocks for anything unusual patched in.