VCDS Legends...Anybody know what these codes are because ross-tech doesn't....

slowcoach3

Reaction score
As title suggests....
I'm still having trouble with a dodgy awd system, its snowing so not been loads of fun! I scanned the car again today and it came up with:
01324 control module for AWD J492 no communication-intermitant
01312 Powertrain Data Bus faulty-intermitant

If I clear the codes awd works perfectly for a while then stops suddenly, not good. I've got a haldex controller reserved for me which I'll get on wednesday but just wondered if anybody had any other suggestions as to what these codes might mean apart from the controller? I've had a good search on here and via google but found nothing solid apart from 'go buy a whole diff/haldex' which doesn't seen very constructive or econonically sensible!!!
Cheers
Russ

Check the earth strap and wiring plug for the Haldex first... earth strap breaks and wiring plug corrodes...

There is a thread in the stickies...

<tuffty/>

Thanks fella's! I read that in the stickies, my plugs/connectors are all good, much better than I expected them to be. All my earth straps around the engine bay and battery are all good and being a pre-facelift I can't find one coming off the diff or where Bill suggests but I think that only applies to facelift models.
Dave.. Cheers I've read that one and a few others as well, there just always seems to be a different outcome...pre-charge pump or controller or haldex clutch, everyone seems to have a different problem which is why I thought I'd see if anyone on here had any experience of this?

Thanks fella's! I read that in the stickies, my plugs/connectors are all good, much better than I expected them to be. All my earth straps around the engine bay and battery are all good and being a pre-facelift I can't find one coming off the diff or where Bill suggests but I think that only applies to facelift models.
Dave.. Cheers I've read that one and a few others as well, there just always seems to be a different outcome...pre-charge pump or controller or haldex clutch, everyone seems to have a different problem which is why I thought I'd see if anyone on here had any experience of this?

Pretty sure there is an earth strap on all haldex cars... if its not there that could be your problem... no communication suggests no power...

<tuffty/>

I know on facelift models it is on the near side and relatively obvious when you look up at it from a ramp but I know quite a lot of people struggle to find them on pre-facelift cars. It does seem like the answer in theory but its odd that it only normally works after fault clearing with vcds.....I can always communicate with the haldex ecu using vcds so that would suggest there is power? ****** thing!!!