1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS KII on other marques

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by PAULF, Dec 29, 2013.

1. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Dec 29, 2013]
    I have a genuine KII lead from RossTech, and have used it on my B5s quite happily for a good while now.

I have also scanned a couple of mates non-VAG cars using the OBDII screen - again no problem.
    (One was a 1999 Bentley Arnage, the other a 2002 Ka using 11.xx.xx VCDS)

However, I tried to scan a 2004 Ford Fiesta yesterday, and could not communicate with it.
    I had the same trouble with a 2006 Passat - but suspected the KII interface would not read the HEX on the newer models.

Is there the same issue with ODBII using hex and thus I'll need the newer lead? (Stop rubbing your hands Nigel - I'll let you know when I want to upgrade :icon_thumright:) or has the newer 12.xx.xx VCDS less compatibility?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. rum4mo

rum4mo Active Member

[Jan 18, 2014]
    From my experience, you will not have any issues with VAG cars when you upgrade, but Ford and GM and probably some others are being a bit sloppy with becoming fully compliant. I've had the Ford issue and also some GM issues with SAABs, but okay with older SAABs, I think it is just the manufacturers having a lost stand in protectionism - they must eventually all comply, at least for the basic emissions fault codes, while staying protectionist with the manufacturer specific deeper codes.
  4. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[Jan 22, 2014]
    Ford and GM use the PWM standard for OBDII. VAG uses a different flavor. Ross-Tech interfaces do not support the PWM standard - no hardware for that.

For MY 2008, all went to CAN for OBDII. Our CAN based interfaces should have no problem with any CAN based OBDII model.
    PAULF likes this.