Vcds Information Thread (ireland)

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
***Ireland members only***

Share your information and updates on VCDS here.

Our current VCDS guys are:

@s3_trev - Derry/L'Derry (A3/S3/RS3)
@Boydie (A3/S3/RS3)
@Point_Audi - Newry (A4/S4/RS4)
@Sc08 LAB - Lisburn (A5/S5/RS5)
@Phil_D - Belfast (B7 A4/S4/RS4)
@seany26 - Lurgan

Last edited:
Reactions: Point_Audi and s3_trev
Limavady mate. So basically anyone that could realistically make their way there or be passing through (im thinking prob Coleraine / Derry/L'Derry area).

We could maybe get people to post up what current "mods" they have done to their cars with VCDS what you think?

Limavady mate. So basically anyone that could realistically make their way there or be passing through (im thinking prob Coleraine / Derry/L'Derry area).

We could maybe get people to post up what current "mods" they have done to their cars with VCDS what you think?
Definitely mate, you work away. I dont really know anything about VCDS so this is a thread for you guys to talk technical :D

Reactions: s3_trev
done most of the B8 mods
hidden menu,needle sweep,ADS (need to fit ads button),lock/unlock cherp ,disabled seatbelt park brake release,emergency brake lights ,battery voltage .....

Good idea, I don't mind bringing the cable along to the meets either have done all the VCDS mods! :)

Reactions: Brennan
Sure no problem Aaron I will do! :).. Get that beep sorted for you!lol

So mine is all done with the vcds so I'll try and say it all in one breath huuuu.......

Enabled hidden menu, ADS, CD ripping, video in motion, disabled seat belt chime, enabled lock blip, DRL's to 100% (they're 9% out of the factory), ambient lighting to max, rear DRL's on permanent, convenience window, lap timer/oil temp, after wipe off, battery level, and oil level.

I thunk that's it, nothing else to do on my 5.

Have VCDS in Belfast area, more than willing to help out even if I don't know how to use it properly...

Did you get the lock unlock beep Alex?
I did mate, there's nothing else I can do apart from install DAB and reversing camera, plus I pick up my new wheels tomorrow....I cannot wait .

Have VCDS in Belfast area, more than willing to help out even if I don't know how to use it properly...
Phil if you need any help just let me know I'm in lisburn.

Reactions: Phil_D
Got some oem RS4's and painted oem gunmetal grey but I wanted them 25% darker and can't wait to get them on.

Will do. 19's as I don't want a harsher ride, especially with some roads here, 20's wouldn't last long.

Vcds in lurgan if anyone needs it, as long as your willing to travel more than willing to help.

Genuine VCDS in Ballymoney, know most of you from RMS.

Reactions: s3_trev
Guys complete newbie here. Is it worth buying a VCDS? Are they easy used or is it something best left to the experts? Lol

I think its worth it mate. It pays for itself over and over.

Reactions: ruairi83, Point_Audi and Andy76
Most definitely, just search vcds 11.11 and get that, as good as any.

Reactions: Andy76
Yea I agree with Trev, it really does pay for itself and is great to help mates out who have a car from the VW group! .. You can buy it from NHN on this site or from the Internet. I think @NHN offers Audi-Sport members discount so might be worth dropping him a PM Andy!

Reactions: Andy76
Yea I agree with Trev, it really does pay for itself and is great to help mates out who have a car from the VW group! .. You can buy it from NHN on this site or from the Internet. I think @NHN offers Audi-Sport members discount so might be worth dropping him a PM Andy!

I have a few upgrades I want done but need to get a few other things done to the car first. Do you know an approx price for VCDS?

I have a few upgrades I want done but need to get a few other things done to the car first. Do you know an approx price for VCDS?
I have the VCDS Andy and I pass Banbridge every day with work so could meet you if you wanted in the mean time!:)

I have the VCDS Andy and I pass Banbridge every day with work so could meet you if you wanted in the mean time!:)

That would be fantastic. I work in newry if it helps! Your getting me excited now!! I'll throw ya a few quid if it helps!

Reactions: Point_Audi
Just PMd you Andy!:)

How would I get the brake pad warning off an A3 8P, is VCDS needed? Pads and discs been changed but warning is still on dials

check if the pad wear sensor is either feck'd or broken wire or if it's even refitted

Reactions: ruairi83 and Point_Audi