vcds help

les-ward

Reaction score
in need of some help i get a prob with laptop talking to car it seems can anyone explain to a thick fck Vcds prob
how to solve the prob or anyone local to southampton able to show me for beer tokens
thanks les

i plug blue lead in start up vcds program turn ignition on the click port 3 and test and thats as far as it go,s

turn ignition on then start the vcds
is it a genuine VCDS

no its the one scott said to download from a usa site the guy that does vcds lite and stuff

Last edited:
no idea then

yes it is aragon got my computer mate to check he said cars not talking to comp?

From your screen shot your not using the lite version! 11.11.5 is the full version

Try it on all the com ports it should read - interface : ready !

id also check that its been installed correctly with the disc that comes with the lead, check your pins on the eobd connector make sure theres not a bent one !!

if its a copy lead then remove the current vcds and goto the official site -> downloads and you should see a link for 3rd party leads

Download the software and try again... that worked for me, but in all honesty all you can do is reset the abs and maybe a few more little things.

My lead went in the bin its that useless, better to spend some cash on the full tuxedo ;)

If its a standard ebay Blue lead, you should be using VCDS Lite, VCDS11 is only for genuine cables afaik.

The cheap cables can take a bit of prodding to get working, but they usually work just fine.

You NEED to open device manager and see what com port the USB serial bridge is using, and choose the same option from inside VCDS.

Also, you said "the cars not talking to comp", when infact the error you've got means the computer cant talk to the interface, rather than the car itself.

Reactions: Steve_D
sticking in audi chandlersford tomoz to get sorted as my friend away fishing £90 to plug in and tell me faults is not to hellish

£90 **** that
has the car got the light on ?

ok sort figured it out can someone tell me what codes meanFault codesVcds result still need to figure how to turn airbag light off but im new to this

to smal copy and paste

best way is to clear all codes
then rescan see what come back.
they may be old codes.

yes clear them all
take for a drive and see what comes back

ok cleared codes taken for a drive plugged back in same code,s showing as above
and found why airbag light is on now module needs recoding and both front seatbelt,s are showing high resistance the reels in pillar need changing phoned audi no longer avaible grrr

looks like time to get rid unless i can find some s/h belts that have no fault but then off a breaker i cant plug in and test

Last edited:
The belts are different but interchangable.

I have PFL belts in my FL as mine had been crashed and the pretensioners fired. Got some PFL ones for buttons on ebay.

The autoscan you've done is a bit messy, i always just open the specific controller and query it directly. Far easier to see whats going on.

You've also not cleared the DTC's, as that buttons greyed out on your screenshot. All you've done is cleared the results of the scan.

Forget autoscan, open the engine controller, reset the codes and take for a drive for half an hour and see what comes back.

Do same with the airbag (though you wont need to take it for a drive, just exit the controller, cycle the igntion, and go back in again)