1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS-Discussions

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Silky-S3, Jan 9, 2014.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I called in to my dealers this afternoon to see if was possible to run a feed from the fuse box on my new A3 to a floating 12v socket for me to connect my TomTom charger unit behind the dash. The Master Technician/Assistant Service Manager said this would be no problem as they do it quite a lot and they would do it as part of the PDI.

In conversation with him I asked if it was still possible to make the instrument lights on the 8V stay on all the time as the do on my current 8P. He said he did not know but would ask the factory. He then raised a point which may be the answer to why no tuning companies offer a 're-map' for the 8V other than those German companies who completely replace the ECU. It seems that any changes that need to be done to the ECU or any of the other electronic modules on the new 8V can no longer be done by the dealer.

They now connect the car to the factory in Germany via an internet connection and any changes are made by the factory and then sent back over the internet to the car. Any changes that have been made to the original spec of any of the units that are not recorded against the VIN number of the car will be put back to standard by the download. He said this was a much better system from their point of view as they did not have to get involved in the complexities of the coding.

I suppose this could be a problem for any changes made using VCDS.
  2. amped2

amped2 Member

Ours has just come out of having a problem sorted with the SatNav and i made some VCDS changes they are still on there.

Rich
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on what changes have been made. Hopefully only changes to the ECU rather than other modules (I hope) or perhaps just any module they have to make any changes. Something to monitor in the future I think .
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    amped2 likes this.
  4. amped2

amped2 Member

Only a few small changes,visual rear parking,beep alarm lock
  5. Andy1608

Andy1608 Active Member

I've had a software update on mine last week and VCDS mods were still on the car
  6. S3 TRS

S3 TRS Active Member

Anyone know if the drl LEDs can be adjusted for brightness when either side or dipped beam is on but dim as usual on indicator?
    81llyh likes this.
  7. 81llyh

81llyh Member

I'd like to know this too
  8. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

Hi guys,

I tried to enable to the visual display for rear parking sensors on mine. I followed the coding mentioned earlier in this thread but was shown error 33 - access not allowed.

I typed in the access code provided on here but with no luck. I tried with two separate VCDS and got the same problem both times.

Can anyone suggest how I can activate the display?

Thanks
  9. 81llyh

81llyh Member

Bump-Anyone?
  10. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Finally got a hold of a lead, me and a friend have gone halves on one (he owns a Skoda Superb so compatible with both)
  11. GermanJim

GermanJim New Member

Just to say JohnnyM100 knows his stuff and a big thanks to him for having sorted the visual display for rear parking sensors, needle sweep etc on my 1.4 COD Sportback yesterday. Hopefully we can try other mods once verified.

Jim
  12. GermanJim

GermanJim New Member

See my post below but JohnnyM100 and I had the same message yesterday but he seemed to find a way round it and it's working perfectly now.

Jim
  13. pedro61163

pedro61163 Member

Brotek done my needle sweep. visual display .lap timer and oil temp last Sunday at creiff audi day
  14. Alerix

Alerix New Member

Hello everyone, these are all the activations that are riuuscito to effetuare on my A3 8V

.Reduction of passenger mirror in riverse

.Codes for Activating the Pointer Test / Staging Hands Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating via the MMI visual parking aid Audi parking system APS Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to disabile decrease in intensity LED on switch (1) and (2) Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Codes to turn off the rear window wiper when reversing Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to turn off the front with decrease of Led Directional arrow inseritaTestata Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Enable LED Rear Lights with switch to "Zero" Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating Coming Home Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Daytime running lights off in the DRL disabile MMI MMI Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Display the oil temperature gauge in laptimer fis on Audi A3 8V/8VA
    phil1824 likes this.
  15. Alerix

Alerix New Member

If the moderators allow me i can put the link to the guides that I've created on the Italian forum.
  16. Alerix

Alerix New Member

12.12.0 Using the guide here is the A3 8v/8VA

How-to Vag. Codici per Attivare tramite MMI rappresentazione visiva di ausilio al parcheggio
  17. Alerix

Alerix New Member

"Hi everybody, these are all the activations I was able to do on my A3 8V"

.Reduction of passenger mirror in riverse

.Codes for Activating the Pointer Test / Staging Hands Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating via the MMI visual parking aid Audi parking system APS Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to disabile decrease in intensity LED on switch (1) and (2) Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Codes to turn off the rear window wiper when reversing Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to turn off the front with decrease of Led Directional arrow inseritaTestata Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Enable LED Rear Lights with switch to "Zero" Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating Coming Home Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Daytime running lights off in the DRL disabile MMI MMI Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Display the oil temperature gauge in laptimer fis on Audi A3 8V/8VA