1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDS bought

IceHanger Feb 29, 2012

1. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member VCDS Map User

Just bought a genuine USB+Hex lead, time to make my car flash like a Christmas tree wooo
    The misses is happy the TT now beeps on locking and front fog activation on turning...now time to bugger mine up hahahah

2. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace! VCDS Map User

Nice one! Have to admit I was a bit anxious before using mine on my car for the first time, but now I love tinkering with it. Have done the beep on locking, cornering lights, coming home, coded in my 2011 RNS-E, DRL's on full brightness when sidelights on, etc. Have fun! :wub: xx

IceHanger likes this.
  3. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

How much are they if I may be so bold......I know they are expensive but would like to get one.

4. Paullie

My Dad paid about £240 for it the year before last, but he sold his VW and I inherited it, lol. Nige (NHN) on here sells them. :wub: xx

5. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Nice one. Cheers for the info Paullie.

6. Paullie

No probs, Bud. :wub: xx

7. IceHanger

I payed £264 mate.

Cheers Paullie:thumbsup:Time for a long play at the weekend

8. MTRL

MTRL Split Grill!

Sorry to hijack this but im trying to get to grips with the whole VAGCOM/VCDS thing.

I have got a copy of VAGCOM 409.1 to install on my laptop, do I now just need the lead to connect up to the car and I will be able to change things such as alarm beep, coming home lights ect...?

9. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Yep, contact nhn on here. He supplies the cables at a competitive price.

10. MTRL

MTRL Split Grill!

Is there anything that guy cant get? What a legend.

11. chrisb72

chrisb72 Active Member Team Panther Audi S3

Am I to assume that this is a cheap imitation if people have paid £250 for them on this forum.

VAG Diagnostics Ltd - VCDS Vag-Com 908, 912, & 10.6 Cables - Sales

I had my car hooked to the system for the first time a few weeks ago while I was having my LED rear lights fitted and I was interested in all the options that are available. I think I could have fun playing with that system. I reckon my car would be flashing and bleeping in very different ways every week! lol

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  12. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

YES - don't buy! :asskicking:

13. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

You have to remember the leads don't really lose value. They still fetch £250+ on eBay.

Fake ones are rubbish as they have the license built into the cable and if you connect to the net then it wipes the cable and it is useless.

You get what you pay for tbh and I wouldn't be putting a cheap cable near my car.

I paid £260 from Gendan delivered in less than 24 hours.

Paullie likes this.
  14. IceHanger

Ding thats where mine came from. Excellent service.
    I have an old ebay £8 lead that works on most pre 2005 cars with eth VCDS lite software, but wanted the pukka kit that worked on the new stuff.

Tweeks for the 8P are here Audi A3/S3 & A3 Cabriolet (8P/FM) Tweaks - Ross-Tech Wiki

15. andywaddy

andywaddy Member

Paullie, any chance you could tell me the procedure for the DRL's being on full brightness with sidelights please? I'd be massively grateful :)

16. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

£250 delivered :)

Dont go near those fake cables, they dont have warranty, no updates, no support, will become useless if it tries to update.

17. Paullie

Hi Andy, yes, of course. For 3 door facelifts, go to Central Electrics 09 and change Byte 18 in the long coding from 25 to 26 and all beng well it should work perfectly for you. For Sportbacks you go to Central Electrics and change Byte 18 from 2B to 2C. You'll notice that on the lighting switch both DRL and sidelight icons will be illuminated. This is my fave VCDS mod so far. :wub: xx

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-drls-vcds-mod-3-dr-facelift-a3-s3s-only.html

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  18. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

Yep, one of the best mods :)

19. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Vag-Com is invaluable tool, speak to NHN about buying one!

20. andywaddy

andywaddy Member

Thanks very much Paullie...I owe you one! :)
    I always sigh when I have to switch to sidelights from DRLs and can see the light dim lol so I'm glad I can banish that feeling now!

21. Paullie

Lol, I used to feel exactly the same, Andy. Always happy to help! :wub: xx

22. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

Is there anyway to do this on a pre facelift S3? I have got LED DRL bulbs and set it for Bi-xenons with LED DRL's but want them to stay bright when the side or main lights are on. Tried setting the scandinavian setting and changing byte 18 which i think is the DRL dimming on my module so not doin anything