1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vcd codes???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by temp, Dec 6, 2013.

1. temp

temp Member

[Dec 6, 2013]
    Hi my s3 has started with a whining whooshing noise??? Plugged it in to vcd lite and no codes would a knackered turbo or a leak in the system bring up some codes. The car is down on power but not smoking!!! Typical just passed mot on Monday and this happens carnt drive it I have heard if it is the turbo it could suck bits into the engine and knacker that!!!!! Help!!!!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 6, 2013]
    No actual codes for a fecked turbo but there may be codes relating to the result of a fecked turbo... normally when there is a boost deviation...

Sounds more like a boost leak tbh... smoke test would be the next thing to get done

<tuffty/>
  4. temp

temp Member

[Dec 6, 2013]
    Smoke test how do I do that just by looking at it??? Glad YOU reply you know what your on about. Put a another topic on the form it was called turbo issue maybe???? And somebody put a link for a you tube vid of a car with the same noise and he says it's the turbo!!?? Could ya have a look and see what you think. And my car smoke looks ok!!! Please help tuffty!!!!
  5. temp

temp Member

6. temp

temp Member

[Dec 9, 2013]
    Drove it about 15 miles 2 day with no power. Stripped it down to the turbo and is all still there with no play in the fins somebody said my cat might have broken up blocking the exhaust??? Is there anyway of checking this????
  7. epox

epox Active Member

[Dec 9, 2013]
    intercooler pipes intact?
    mark
  8. temp

temp Member

[Dec 9, 2013]
    Yes they look ok what I can see how do they join is there a pipe that goes across the front of the car??
  9. epox

epox Active Member

[Dec 9, 2013]