Vaux VXR injectors or 550?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Pending some more logging i may well be needing some larger injectors...
The options seem to be towards either Astra VXR ones or Bosch 550cc ones...
The car will be sticking with the same set up otherwise for atleast the next 8 months so im limited to 300ish bhp im running standard S3 injectors at 4bar at the moment . would fitting the vxr items and leaving the set up at 4 bar be good or bad? The reason i ask is ... at my level of tune its a very slipery slope if i start...
The VXR ones come up at 115 ish per set new from vauxhal and the best ive managed to find bosch ones at is £55 each plus the adaptor for the loom.
so its £115 v £250+
if the first option is a good one i can just about scrape enough together for the map tweak and a B5 tip.

So... good or bad idea????

Do it right first time and get Bosch 550's.... loads of data on these to get them setup right in maps and better spray pattern than vxr...

Welly fitted vxr injectors and they didn't flow enough depsite the alledged rating of them..

<tuffty/>

good info there Hammy :)

Paul, as Tufty said, Welly had the VXR injectors and they maxed out almost straight away. Slightly more flow than stock, but nowhere near enough

+1 for balingermotorsport . Bought a few sets from them, great service.

at what stage should people be thinking of going bigger?

When you need them
laugh.gif

When you need them
laugh.gif

stop being a ****, so if you have a k04 would you need them, basicly weres the threshold for stock fuling at 3 bar or 4 bar.

so these vxr items arent good enough for 300bhp? or as above? 550 sounds to much for 300bhp????

stop being a ****, so if you have a k04 would you need them, basicly weres the threshold for stock fuling at 3 bar or 4 bar.

so these vxr items arent good enough for 300bhp? or as above? 550 sounds to much for 300bhp????

I'm not being an ****, the topic has been covered 6 million times before, and the chap has been a member for a year now. He also gave absolutely ZERO information in his post about what turbo, or current injectors he has, so how could anyone give an informed opinion?

I could answer the question perfectly well for just about every state of tune for an A3 or S3 with all manner of turbo's, but if the question was asked without any huge effort, why bother putting effort into a reply.....

I did some data logging after my engine rebuild and found that my standard injectors were running at 130% at 3 bar :sadlike: I'm now running a 4 bar FPR (thanks Prawny) and the injectors are a lot more comfortable but still around 95%.

I have some Bosch 550s and adapters on their way now from IE, currently sat at UK customs according to the tracking number.

As I've stressed on many ocaissions before. I've got a nice collection of various engine parts that have cracked due to running a map with too lean fuelling. It's so important to get it right.

Wellys on 550's on his hybrid ran 90% IDC on 3bar for its 338bhp
440's will do it at a push, but as already said, VXR ones despite what you read seemed barely any more than 386cc std when we ran them.. ie not enough for his hybrid. (@ 3bar)

I dont think so no

386cc is what I have known them as, although its size in map for consumption on a BAM is listed as 372cc

I dont think so no

386cc is what I have known them as, although its size in map for consumption on a BAM is listed as 372cc
I'm asking this because some time ago i saw a member here cleaning his injectors and i noticed his didn't have the metal snout that protrudes into the intake tract like mine do, hence the question for different size.

I'm asking this because some time ago i saw a member here cleaning his injectors and i noticed his didn't have the metal snout that protrudes into the intake tract like mine do, hence the question for different size.
ahh you mean the long nose blue ones fitted to early TTs/APYs yes they are the same cc