1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various Issuues

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Sakonta, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Sakonta

Sakonta New Member

Dear Friends
    I have an Audi A4 2003 2.5 TDI Quattro Techtronic (Auto). Bought second hand six moth's ago. I recently drove the car to the filling station with an intention to fill up fuel (Diesel), the car showed a zero mil on the tank, the distance was less than a kilometre. When I got to the filling station my car just stopped idling, that was it, it would not start. Now been parked for three days. I have replaced all the valves (incl. silenoid compressor) and the 8 mm tube for ther air pipe, the vacuum pipe, glow plug relay, pollen filter, new brake disks and brake pads. The ABS and ESP light went on, the glow plug light and start foot step warning light does not switch on,

There is no fuel supply from the tank to the diesel filter. The tank fuel pump is not receiving power

Mileage 177000km

Please help with some advise, before I consider the Audi service centre

Thank you
    Sakonta ​
  2. 347

347 Member

your in the A3 section here buddy , but it sounds like your fuel system needs bleeding .
    sugest changing fuel filer , and filling the filter housing with fresh fuel then try again.

perhaps a moderator will move this to th relevant A4 section
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Thread moved to the correct section. :) x
  4. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

I know its not exactly the same car or engine, but i had a mk4 golf gttdi, which did the same, i pulled it outside my house went to start following day and it turned but wouldnt fire, i changed the tandem fuel pump. injector loom, and it ended up being a burnt out relay and a section of the wiring loom burnt out, never did find out how it happened, hope this helps
  5. Sakonta

Sakonta New Member

Thank you so much 347, I shall try it, much appreciated