various issues...

Sayre

Reaction score
My sunroof no longer opens or tilts, it doesnt even click like it wants to open.... I checked the fuse and it is fine.. It was working perfect then it would only work sometimes open and now it just wont do anything.... any ideas?

My abs light is on although when i turn the car to the on position i hear the clicks like it is coming on. Since there is snow here i tested them by stopping fast and the abs isnt working the wheels just lock up..?

anyone know which O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 is?

any help i'd appreciate it! THANKS!

it is a 2000 S4

The sunroof could be a faulty earth somewhere if the fuse is ok. Also the fact it went through a spell of working intermitently could have meant a connection was deteriating or working loose..??

pull down the cover on the headlining and use the tool in there to see if you can move it manually easily.

yep i acutally had to use the tool to close it because it stopped working when it was open, moves easily...

sounds like a faulty conector plug to me!

my sunroof used to open to tilt when it felt like it? strangely enough, only when the interior was red hot?? told our lass it was another optional extra! she believes it too!!

Bit of a longshot, but have you had a look at the Tech Articles on the http://www.audiworld.com/ site?
The rotary pre-select sunroof switches are well-known for problems caused by dodgy internal contacts and respond well to cleaning; the sunroof in my step-fathers A6 had a mind of its own until I took the switch out as per the article to clean it, its been fine ever since..............

The abs needs looking at m8, could be a broken sensor, clogged up sensor ring, broken wire etc. scary when they lock up on you when you dont expect them too arent they?

it's ok now anyway but thanks nessy! it has'nt done it in a year or two since i changed the battery? i thought it was some battery related issue when it ceased being haunted!?

The ABS didnt lock up, what i meant was my brakes locked up instead of pulsating like they are supposed to. its as if i dont have anti lock brakes now

bank 1 is the right hand side, passenger side to you guys from across the pond.

ABS needs Vag-Comming, common fault is no communication with the ABS controller. if you get that fault then the controller is toast, there's a series of very fine traces on the circuit board that fail, a good man with a soldering iron can repair them but it's a dog of a job.

sunroof could be the tracks on the rotary dial but that might not explain why it doesn't tilt. a good auto sparky should sort it in little time though.