1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Variable service question

Vazza Nov 23, 2010

1. Vazza

Vazza Member

Got my 58 plate S3 with 13600 miles on the clock from Maidstone Audi in March of this year and now the DIS is displaying service in 5 days or XXXX miles. Looking at the Audi Approved paperwork, the car underwent a variable service in November 2009 at 13000 miles and since buying it in March I've only done 4000 miles, so I really didn't think that the next service would be due so soon?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Take it back to them mate !

Something is definitely wrong - maybe they forgot to reset the service interval reminder.

Depending on the type of motoring you do, the 'longlife' service should last approx 2 years.

3. pi quattro

pi quattro Member

looks like the service interval wasnt reset at last service. Was car purchased or registered in November 08? Bet 5 days time is 2 years from when first registered

4. Vazza

Vazza Member

Yeah it was registered Nov 2008...thanks will give them a ring. It's not as though I've been ragging the car, just motorway driving sticking to the speed limit :noway: