Variable service after 10k???

Cornish

Reaction score
Hi,

1st post as most of my questions have usually already been asked and answered well, but not this one.

I've got a 2.0 TDI (140), 57 plate, 47k

The service due light is coming on, but I don't think it should be due.

The car was purcashed from Audi last Oct at around 38k when it had a variable service done (stamp in the book & sticker in the windscreen confirm this showing next service due Oct 12 or 58k), a previous service was done at 19k on variable. (19k between services)

My understanding is that a variable service should last up to around 18-20k or 2 yrs not 10k 8mths in this case. At 38k the fuel and pollen filters were changed along with the brake fluid so can't think why a variable programme would be asking for a service now.
The DIS shows 400 miles to service and/or 145 days (making 12 months since last service).

Is it possible the car has been put on fixed servicing schedule when a variable service was carried out??? How could I confirm this?? I have a VCDS(?) thing & EKTA discs but not sure how to use them (I inherited the car from an Audi mad dad)

Various local dealers aren't being particularly helpful in my opinion and say I should have an interim service done at £149, and they won't change the oil because it's only 8 mths old! They have tried to blame my driving style and the shortness of my commute (30miles each way & average 50mpg to each tank), so I don't think the car is being driven hard over short distances!!

I had a VW on interval previously and managed 19k between services! What's going on???

Thanks in advance

I'd change to fixed servicing every 10k, but you can check it through VCDS and change it to variable if you want. Just make sure the last service was done with longlife oil first.

I think variable servicing goes on your driving style. Mine starts at 12k after a service but rises up to 16.5k after a couple of months, but I drive like a granny anyway.:blush:

Mine used to be variable but would only last a year or 10000 miles. Variables are only good if you do lots of long motorway journeys and drive like a granny. Swap to fixed serving instead. It mentions this in the handbook as well, so nothing wrong with the car.

Thanks guys, looks like I need to book it in then.