vans/land rovers/pick-up trucks/lorries etc...

L1 HCS

Reaction score
Why are the rear lights of these humongous vehicles so tiny?
Its like the bigger the vehicle the smaller the lights!! :wtf: :confused: :think: :confused: :think::confused: :wtf:

they'll be made according to DfT rules not the size of the vehicle, could you imagine scaling up the headlights? It would look like a nuclear explosion coming down the road...

Ming i cant find the right emoticion, but im here tut tut tuting and shaking my head, you get the drift

Shouldn't this be in the tutting-rant thread sub-sub section. :uhm:

But hey, here's some useless emotions....
wm.gif
:think:
whores.gif

I always found it strage that the big rear lights on 4x4's are not lit - just the tiny ones on the bumper.
I used to have a Pajero (jap import shogun) and that had the big lights lit - apparently its a UK thing that the big rear doors obscure the lights so the bumper ones are lit instead.

guys guys guys... read it properly... REAR LIGHTS

Yeah fair point about the headlights maybe (especially when they're pulling heavy trailers so the lights end up pointing skywards) but you've gotta say that some of the tail lights are a bit of a joke, I've seen bigger on christmas trees in some cases! Not the best when you're in fog on a meandering but quick road like the A519 and all off a sudden there's a poorly-lit milk tanker filling your window!

Regards,

Rob

mine has'nt even got a fog light, dont think they had them in 1973. mind you, even if you can't see it, you can hear it coming from 2 miles away!

1973, is it a big rusty old defender?

i love them lol

Na, a '73 will be a SIII....

I love Landies, wish I still had mine.

its a s111 lightweight that i put a v8 auto and discovery axles into. no rust, its all been galvanised! had it 16yrs now.

SteveS said:
its a s111 lightweight that i put a v8 auto and discovery axles into. no rust, its all been galvanised! had it 16yrs now.

One of my old Landie buddies had a V8 lightweight, awesome fun, although not much cop under water...

You a member of a LROC?

no clubs anymore, mainly just greenlaning in last few years. got a cash arrangement with a local guy who has a very large off road site too! and yes v8's hate water, well - more than 3ft of it anyway!