Valve caps stealers...

phille87

Reaction score
So I just lost my second set of valve caps this summerseason..

Why are they stealing caps worth £1 ?? I dont get it!

Anyone else have them stolen too?

I've got a bag full of metal caps and sleeves (these go over the rubber valve stem) - Look the part!

Kids round our way are forever pinching 'em for their BMX's...

I once parked my car in Great Yarmouth and in the time that I had walked to the Pay & Display machine, bought a ticket and returned to my car (1 minute maybe), some toe-rags had knicked my Aluminium Valve Caps.

I saw the kids running off accross the car park and chased them but eventually thought better of it. A Policeman just happened to be passing and saw me chasing the kids, I told him what had happened (I even pointed at the kids) and he said - Quote:

"That's Yarmouth Mate!" and drove off.

I've not been back since!

It just seemed so pointless. They weren't worth anything really - maybe £1 for the set second hand.

Very annoying.

This kind of caps never stays on. You can try as many times you want....About the anti-theft ones, I thought about it too, but I worry that kids might scratch my wheels while they try to get it off.

Black, rubber caps FTW. No one wants to steal those :)

yeah! exactly how I was thinking, why put locks and while they are on it and cant get it off maybe they find something else to scratch? maybe scratch the paint/rim or puncture the tyre who knows..

I once parked my car in Great Yarmouth and in the time that I had walked to the Pay & Display machine, bought a ticket and returned to my car (1 minute maybe), some toe-rags had knicked my Aluminium Valve Caps.

I saw the kids running off accross the car park and chased them but eventually thought better of it. A Policeman just happened to be passing and saw me chasing the kids, I told him what had happened (I even pointed at the kids) and he said - Quote:

"That's Yarmouth Mate!" and drove off.

I've not been back since!

It just seemed so pointless. They weren't worth anything really - maybe £1 for the set second hand.

Very annoying.

What are you trying to say about my lovable town then? :)

They are all just loveable rogues............who nicked my blinkin wheel centres in about 2 hrs of me getting the car !

I just played them at their own game, followed them home and nicked the spinner hub caps of their dads n reg vectra with lexus rear lights.

Ha , take that in the face you yarco's!

HAD LOCKING ONES ON MY A4, I DONT DO MUCH MILEAGE, I GOT THE CAR OUT ONE DAY AND NEEDED TO PUT SOME AIR IN THE TYRES, I COULDNT GET THEM OFF HAD TO HAVE NEW VALVES PUT IN, SO I NOW STICK TO THE BLACK PLASTIC ONES.

You think thats bad... I had all 4 BBS valve caps stolen aswel as ALL 4 tyres slashed, I had my wheels on for 3 weeks. Now when your running 19 inch low profile tyres, that aint cheap! You can't have anything these days!

HAD LOCKING ONES ON MY A4, I DONT DO MUCH MILEAGE, I GOT THE CAR OUT ONE DAY AND NEEDED TO PUT SOME AIR IN THE TYRES, I COULDNT GET THEM OFF HAD TO HAVE NEW VALVES PUT IN, SO I NOW STICK TO THE BLACK PLASTIC ONES.

I had the same problem on a previous car. Used a set of those security caps (with a 2-pronged key to tighten/loosen). They weld themselves on if you're not careful. Something to do with the metals reacting or oxidising I believe. Grease the threads before fitting, or just use black plastic ones.

I'll only ever use plastic ones now.