1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve caps stealers...

phille87 May 14, 2009

1. phille87

phille87 Member

So I just lost my second set of valve caps this summerseason..

Why are they stealing caps worth £1 ?? I dont get it!

Anyone else have them stolen too?

2. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

what are valve caps ....... dust caps

3. phille87

phille87 Member

whatever they are named as valve caps on ebay

4. Don76

Don76 Well-Known Member

I've got a bag full of metal caps and sleeves (these go over the rubber valve stem) - Look the part!

Kids round our way are forever pinching 'em for their BMX's...

5. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

I had my BBS sleeves stolen - was raging!

Bought anti theft fake bbs ones - done the job so far!

6. Splathead

Splathead Active Member Team Estoril VCDS Map User Audi S3

I once parked my car in Great Yarmouth and in the time that I had walked to the Pay & Display machine, bought a ticket and returned to my car (1 minute maybe), some toe-rags had knicked my Aluminium Valve Caps.

I saw the kids running off accross the car park and chased them but eventually thought better of it. A Policeman just happened to be passing and saw me chasing the kids, I told him what had happened (I even pointed at the kids) and he said - Quote:

"That's Yarmouth Mate!" and drove off.

I've not been back since!

It just seemed so pointless. They weren't worth anything really - maybe £1 for the set second hand.

Very annoying.

7. phille87

phille87 Member

yeah! exactly how I was thinking, why put locks and while they are on it and cant get it off maybe they find something else to scratch? maybe scratch the paint/rim or puncture the tyre who knows..

8. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

What are you trying to say about my lovable town then? :)

They are all just loveable rogues............who nicked my blinkin wheel centres in about 2 hrs of me getting the car !

I just played them at their own game, followed them home and nicked the spinner hub caps of their dads n reg vectra with lexus rear lights.

Ha , take that in the face you yarco's!

9. tony-b-3.2-v6

tony-b-3.2-v6 Member

HAD LOCKING ONES ON MY A4, I DONT DO MUCH MILEAGE, I GOT THE CAR OUT ONE DAY AND NEEDED TO PUT SOME AIR IN THE TYRES, I COULDNT GET THEM OFF HAD TO HAVE NEW VALVES PUT IN, SO I NOW STICK TO THE BLACK PLASTIC ONES.

10. dawson88

dawson88 New Member

You think thats bad... I had all 4 BBS valve caps stolen aswel as ALL 4 tyres slashed, I had my wheels on for 3 weeks. Now when your running 19 inch low profile tyres, that aint cheap! You can't have anything these days!

11. Fleagle

Fleagle New Member

I had the same problem on a previous car. Used a set of those security caps (with a 2-pronged key to tighten/loosen). They weld themselves on if you're not careful. Something to do with the metals reacting or oxidising I believe. Grease the threads before fitting, or just use black plastic ones.

I'll only ever use plastic ones now.