Value of a turbo

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi all, before i stick on ebay/classifieds i wonder what a good price is for a 3 month old sub 4k mile K04-15 turbo is?:think:

I bought it brand new from backdraft for a shade over £800, i do not want to turn this into a for sale thread :rtfm:, just want ideas as to value then will rip it out to sell:thumbsup:
etc

I recon on ebay you wont get more than 400 absolute tops, mine new cost me 480.

REALLY !!!
:ohmy:

I was thinking £500 ish, maybe i should keep it as a spare then, or sell the Outlaw and keep the K04-15 instead, hmmmm :crying:

Thing is with ebay everyone wants a bargin so they wont pay top dollar for it IMO. Most of the VAG people who know what it is will know where to get them cheap new anyway. Stick it on and see what happens. If you seel the Outlaw ill have it possibly :)

what to do ?? Do we really recon the outlaw is gonna be good, or shall i just stick to what i know?

Hmmmm !!

You have it so give it ago and see what happens whats the worst that could happen you like it and leave it on :)

Well its on. !!! :o.k:

Not 100% its better than the K04, it definatly spools eariler and noisier, and doesnt seem to run out of puff as soon as the k04 did, but the power delivery seems smoother. I guess i expected it to be much better rather than a bit better, i guess i need to get it mapped now as she is only seeing 10 psi max boost and i am chipped :ohmy:

The k04 was only giving 12 psi max mind you, so this turbo could in theory be flowing more air for less pressure. I need to get the mapping sorted now, too late to get it done before inters,lol

So anyone fancy a k04-15?? lol