valeting help (mass amounts of oil present)

cha1n

Reaction score
Hi there, just had a MOT today and the oil i provided for the service exploded in my boot i've scrubbed down the mat as best i can but there is now oil residue all over the inner body work and also a football sized patch in the centre of the mat that i can't budge. Any advice on shifting this oil? i'm so annoyed with my mechanic, he claims it wasn't him who spilt it and he fitted two rear tyres of a brand i've never heard of "fateo" aanyway my anger for my mechanic, i digress.

Oil, needs shifting any help appreciated.

Take the mat out and wash it with a pressure washer. Douse it with washing up liquid and scrub it. Then wash it again and then again. This should get rid of nearly all of it.
As for the inerior body work; wipe up as much as you can and then clean the metal work with white spirit. If its on the plastics i would personally remove them and clena them individually.
Finally anything you have cleaned with white spirit make sure you go over it with a simple poilsh to prevent any white residue stains.
good luck

Tell me about it, the bloke called me and said i needed 2 new tyres for the mot and i said (and i quote) "ok mate, don't worry about how much they cost, just make sure you put something half decent on"..

Cheers for the advice MO-S3 it's had a good bottle of washing up liquid on it, there's a few marks but nothing worse than before the spill. It's the rest of the boot i'm more worried about, some of the trim doesn't appear to be removable and it smells so bad. As i've got leather interior it used to always smell of leather, now it smells like someone's work van.

Can you post some pics up of the affected areas so i can tell you how to remove the trim in those areas.

Try some brake and clutch cleaner (degreaser), that should do the job.You can buy it in spray cans at any motor factors.