1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentino Rossi

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jungle, Apr 30, 2005.

1. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

jungle i feel for yer mate.... them vw golfs are tough little cars....."she" hit me head on and my bike nearly cut the car in two !!! luckily, i bounced off the roof and flew a fair old distance both up and along the way before i managed to smash most of my bones across the curb stone......
    golf with v shaped front end....Bandit in half !!!!!!!!!!!!
    hope you were'nt hurt too bad......well, like me your obvously still here to tell the tale !! yet im 18 momths on and im still having major bone grafting and resetting surgery.....
    no more bikes or no wife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
  2. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[ QUOTE ]

no more bikes or no wife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds familiar...

I'm single now.

Kev.
  3. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

mmmm.... the threat from the wife is one thing....but to be honest, its a good excuse for me not to go back on the road...... ive had bikes all my life man and boy, i seriously know how to ride a bike, but after the last,very near death experience, i think thats it for me and road bikes........the road just isnt the place for them anymore.....
    if my leg and arm gets strong enough, i will get another trials bike and just compete on sundays for fun....i did have a gas gas trails bike wich was the boll@x.... its not really the bikes wich are dangerous its the car drivers on the road.....
    any way...ive spouted loads about this stuff on past threads and i think this is the general consensus....... the roads are far to dangerous for bikes...
    arhhgghhh.... i kick myself everytime i say that.... like i say, its a hard habbit to shake off.
    my mates just got an SP1 and its tricked up to death....im dying to jump on it and get it on one wheel weather it be front or back...... its very tempting, but i just have to think back to lying in the road with my limbs hanging off to put me right.
  4. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

check out the steel rod in my right leg on my picture on the left....
    say no more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

I hear you... *fingers in ears* le de da de da.

Kev.
  6. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

ha ha ha...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

kev, let me leave you with this............
    when i was lieing on the tarmac with my left arm and right leg ranging off and my right hand completly shattered anongst lots of others injurys.... i remember looking back down the road at my bike, in half, revving its knackers off whilst embedded in the front of a golf and i remember as i waited for the ambulance to come, wondering if i was gonna drop dead at any second from some internal injury like a snapped rib wich has spun round and slashed my spleen in two or my heart could just give up.........i remember thinking..... im gonna die now, and feeling such an overwhealming feeling of dissapointment.
    i later gave it all some thought and the conclusion i drew was that all the enjoyment and buzz i got from riding bikes,having/ maintaining bikes, being part of the bike scene and generaly living bikes...... was just not worth dieing for....and being faced with the reality of death, so close, i realised it was simple, i like living more than i like riding bikes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif
  8. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

I can really understand what you're saying to me mate, I really can. But here is not the place to discuss this, as feelings runs very deep. I'm off for afew days, but when I get back I might just pen you a PM.

Maybe you can put me off riding.

Kev.
  9. jungle

jungle Member

BBC 2 now.
  10. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

He does it again!! Stunning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif
  11. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

What a race!! Him and Biaggi touch and go all the way but Rossi too good once again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif
  12. jungle

jungle Member

Poor old gibbermonkey, looks like his season is well and truly over. I think maybe rossi should sit out a couple of rounds to cheer the others up a bit!
  13. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

Missed the race live, so watched it on Eurosport last night. What can I say !, the man is in a different league /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

How he got out of the throttle so quick whem Biaggi cut him up was awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Anybody notice Melandri's grid umbrella honey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif sweet !
  14. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Well said Japper, defo in a different league. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  15. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody notice Melandri's grid umbrella honey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif sweet !

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah now she was definatley in a different league! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
  16. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

[ QUOTE ]
    They where some injuries Myzeneye, are you 100 % from the crash now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah...kind of..........
    i crashed nov 2003 and now we're 18 months on.... i went to the hozzy last week for a check on my leg, which is still full of steel....and the x ray showed that the femur is still largly broke....18 months on !!!!! they said to go back in august and if its not any better, which it wont be, they'll hack of some of my hip a graft the bone onto my leg. the rod i have is called a femural nail, which is hammered in through the top of the hip right down to yhe knee and then bolted in place,......this is the second nail ive had as they keep doing it to stimulate bone groth as every time they tw@t it in it breaks the leg,encouraging it to grow more..... it was supposed to be out now but the femur just hasnt healed.
    also, im waiting for a phone call from the hozzy to go in to have my hand reset...their gonna break it all and put pins in it. sounds great. but i need it doing..my grip is **** now and thats no good for a plumber..... also i cant squat or kneel which is not good.
    my left arm is good,weaker than it was and full of arthritis pain,but o.k
    biggest injury was my mind, it took a good ol' batterin'.....id say im only just over that....my solicitor sent me to a shrink who said id been pretty messed up and need de-sensitisation treatment, what ever that is...post traumatic stress...but hey....
    im not hard as nails....just mostly nails.
    i got married three weeks after the second leg nailing and went on a cruise to norway, so i was determined to get up and be actice even if it was on crutches!!!
    ive been back at work a while now, but couldnt go on working for british gas as they are slave drivers, so i took the easy option and went to work for the council..... i just about cope and manage to do the job but its hard....espescially working on a broken leg.
    the bone is broken but the metal work does the job of the bone, but all the muscles in my leg are fooked, it gets tired and stats hurting real quick......
    i somtimes think i shouldnt be working and i should go on the sick to recover but i wont, its just the type of guy i am........ i wont give up.
    so take heed bikers....the road is full of stereo adjusting, make up putting on, boy racer, old ladys just waiting to turn your life upside down..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    if the injurys dont put you off, think about the 12 months i spent off work UNPAID !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
  17. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

Glad you are getting better now mate!!

The guy who took me for a blast was involved in an accident last year. Was sitting at traffic lights and some old boy (60+) went into the back of him.

Broke a lot of parts, not as bad as you!! But was off work for 8 months and even wehn he went back could not do much. He ended up havig to quit because his back could not cope and found another job. The guy who hit him didnt have insurance or a licence and only got about a £300 fine!!

The bike he was on was another R1 and it was only 3 months old. (Red and white)

He is on his 3rd one now and it is black. He is a pretty good rider can do all the wheelies and stuff. He uses the bike every day for his work and goes touring quite a lot.

Cheers.
  18. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Myzeneye, the URL is the address of the pic. Find a pic you like on the internet , right click onit, the addres URL will be listed, copy this address, goto your home, and edit your profile, paste the URL into the avatar section. Not all pics will allow this, but most will. Or just nick one of Yaseen's good ones like i do.

For pics of your computer, you will have to upload to photo bucket, but haven't tried that yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  19. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

thanks for all the good spirit and kind words guys..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    soupie, like your m8, im struggling at work and am wondering how much longer i can do my job...or will it get any easier ????? just dont know,.....i can do it, but i strugle and feel pain everyday.
    ill just keep on keeping on.

cheers tdi me old china, ill have a go........
  20. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

No worries mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  21. jungle

jungle Member

OK - this weekend's MotoGP comes from Jerez in Spain, the home race for Sete Gibernau.

Now that the Gibbermonkey has crashed out of the running for the title, will he pull out all the stops to grab a home win? Will he resort to running Rossi off the track? Will Edwards live up to his reputation and challenge for the lead, or will it be the young and fearless Melandri who takes top spot.

This race has too much going on - don't miss it!
  22. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

just had a phone call from my mate - our Donington tickets have arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif