1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

hiya guys just wondering if anyone on here have used vagtech for a remap before because ive got my car booked in for one as they have offered me a remap for £115 inc VAT so thought i would take them up on the offer. Does anyone know what software they use as I have noticed that there is a few.
    Thanks

2. Scuba79

Scuba79 Member

I got the offer through too, I emailed them back and they said it was a Motech map.

3. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

Motech any good?

4. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

just been looking and was wondering if Motech produces the lowest bhp from the remap as they have figures of 185bhp from the 150bhp i have. Am i right in thinking so as I was under the impression that you normally get 200bhp from a remap.

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

Most remap figures won't be reached,I think these figures were when the cars were newer

6. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

If you have a 150bhp 1.8T engine you have a KO3 turbo...you wont make 200bhp. You'll be lucky to get 190 from a remap alone...more likely about 180-190 ish.

Dont let that put you off though, mines running a Custom Code remap and its much nicer to drive than before with loads more poke :) Seems to go pretty well now the TIP, filter and exhaust have been done too.

T

7. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

yeah i have the 1.8T. I have a upgraded recirculation valve on the way and am looking to get a air filter too. Do you think the offer of £115 all in for the remap is a good one?

8. S3fan

S3fan Kiteyboy

you will get excellent service from Jon at VAGtech

9. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

okay guys thanks again. Im getting my car remapped tomorrow so i will let you all know what i think. Im so bloody excited!!!