1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAGPARTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by auroan, Nov 26, 2008.

1. auroan

auroan Active Member

I'm getting more and more fed up with Vagparts !!!!

They ask people to contact them via email on their website.... but it's taking them longer and longer to respond..... It's now 3 days since I ask for some parts and nothing.

When you ring them they're not particualy friendly or even helpful either. How the heck did these guys get a bleeding award for parts supply.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  2. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

Quite frankly I'm baffled by this.

I only ever deal with them over the phone and every time I have done they've been amazing. I find them to be knowledgable, helpful, very friendly, patient (while I wander out to the car with the phone for part numbers etc), great prices and very fast delivery.
  3. auroan

auroan Active Member

Well, guess I need to check what I say. Just been on the phone to them and it seems that if you get Alan it's a bit af a gamble what mood he's in......

But Martyn has just saved me from going somewhere else !!!! lets just hope the next time I ring I get him, as he was bob on.
  4. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

I sent an email to them last week and was still awaiting reply until 4.55pm yesterday when I thought i'd give them a call to ask. When i asked the question about price and availability of a Nokia 6300 phone cradle he said, "that's not Chris is it?" I obviously replied with yes it is, he says "oh how wierd, i'm just replying to your email now" (this is like 6 days later).

All sorted now although the price is a bit steep imo (£124.66). Think i'll keep checking eBay etc but with regards to the email situation they are very slow. This is the first time i have contacted them and it is slightly off-putting. I understand obviously they may be very busy etc but.... Anyway, my advice is to ring up and not to email.
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I've only ever dealt with Martyn, even my emails are sent to Martyn@VAGparts. the guy seems to be running the whole show, and he's doing a good job in my eyes.
  6. auroan

auroan Active Member

It would seem they are a bit stacked at the mo;

"HI Danny,

Normally..... we are a 2 day reply, normally.. so e-mail is fine. but the last week I had two days off sick with a flu like illness so we fell behind, trouble is... I think I give my cold/flu to the other parts man next to me, so he is now sick!! :O :)))

We're behind thats all, it'll take a few days to catch up again!"
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think they are just a "Victim of their own success" in that they are constantly so busy. If you need an instant answer it's always better to phone than email or do an online enquiry.

I have always found their service spot on though.
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Yeah well me & another well known forum member have had same experiences as the thread no.1 post, a month ago I emailed still no reply, a phone call to remind them still no reply after promising prices for me, they even sent Matt the wrong pedal even after talking it through on phone, I mean WTF, its not the 1st time had the same story with them either, benefit of doubt I gave them but now I just go direct to audi cause at least the service is there & without the attitude, no point being minimally cheaper without the service to back it up, ignorant moody attitude wins you no customers & the worst for me is no replies or call backs, that for me is a no no, you're in business to make money & survive so if you dont reply to people then why do they deserve our business & even when you do talk to a seller why the shitty moody attitude, just dont get companies like that tbh after all they are trying to sell us things huh, if I wanted a crappy attitude I'd talk to my neighbour whose a fecking miserable old feck, lmao
  9. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Uh they've been using that same line for years trust me from previous encounters, I got that a month ago, still waiting.
  10. benr

benr Member

Ive been using them for approx 4/5 years and usually just e-mail martyn direct top fella. Ive never been in a rush so arent really bothered with 5-7 day e-mail response. I used to use their forum over on uk-polos.net and always gave a good service.

They are always too busy, maybe they should look at hiring more people?

I havent had a bad experience but would agree businesses shouldnt be giving attitude to customers or they will leave.
  11. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

I've used them in the past. Very friendly and knowledgible but slow and after the VAT and postage works out better going to the dealers as its not worth the 1,2,3 weeks wait to save a couple of quid. Maybe different on bigger items but not with anything i've ordered.
  12. auroan

auroan Active Member

Yeah the 6.95 + VAT on postage (on everything small or large) is IMHO taking the mick.
  13. jwhat

jwhat Member

is it true they ceased trading on Monday? I have a £200 order in with them from last week and haven't heard back since friday!
  14. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

i have a order from last week aswell, and cant get hold of them
  15. JJBS3

JJBS3 Member

I was reading about this earlier on...theres a big thread on VWvortex, unforunately VAGPARTS has been forced to cease trading as of monday. Their accountants have advised them to do this due to the crunch, although they have said that any orders already placed will be honoured asap.
    Will see if I can find the letter posted by Martyn at VAGPARTS

Very Sad news

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4165839

Hope this helps a bit

Jimbo
  16. auroan

auroan Active Member

Blimey bit scarey baseing your business on the difference in currencies... mind you thats probably why they could sell stuff cheaper than dealers.