VAGCOM question

Young un

Reaction score
Just a quick question for all those who have vagcom and the appropiate cable. (Im not clued up about this)

My mate has purchased Vagcom with micro lead for his 2008 Golf Edition 30 from Ross Tech. He thinks it'll work on my 2008 8P S3 with no problems. Can anyone clarify this?

He wants me to go halves with him (Im willing to pay half, so long as it actually works for my car too!)

Cheers
Dan

If it's the Micro CAN one then yes it will work. Get him to buy it and show it you working on your car before you hand over the cash :)

If it's the Micro CAN one then yes it will work. Get him to buy it and show it you working on your car before you hand over the cash :)

:yes: Had this in mind already but just wanted a bit of clarification from fellow users.
Now I'll have to put my diplomacy skills to use so that I dont offend my mate!

Anyway, thanks for comments

I'm selling one in the classifieds

Gendan are a great company for vagcom, very helpful & next day delivery, I always would suggest the Hex Can USB incase you wanna use on any VAG car as the micro can is limited to certain versions I think like the Golf 5, A3 8P etc.

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCuCAN&Category_Code=VAGCOM

But what makes me laugh, you just got a 20-30k car & you wont pay £265 for the vagcom cable, sorry mate but thats kinda shameful, lol.

Cheers mate you just persuaded me to blow £265 on a cable, lol. i just ordered the hex can usb one from gendan, im a vw audi nut tho and always have been so the chances are i'll get my moneys worth.:eyebrows:

I guarantee you will get your moneys worth & save you literally thousands plus teach you a thing or 2, no one I know that has bought the cable has ever regretted it, not one