Vagcom logging channels

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right im going to borrow the vagcom from work to log my car and to see what MAF readings im seeing with the new setup so what channels do i need to log to check fuel trim and any other readings i need to check ??

cheers

Those arent applicable to our ECU's IIRC, only ME7>

Just flick thru, you'll find the fuel trims, theres only like 15 blocks on our old ecu's

Well managed to do a quick one this morning as traffic wasnt clear enough last night, heres some screen shots from this morning, although didnt manage to get to redline in 3rd as run out of road lol

Sorry if there a bit crap to read hopefully everything you need to see is there :)

Anyone shed any light on the above ??

My highest maf reading is 115g/s which calculates to around 150hp it feels way more quicker than that, whats you airflow readings like aragorn are they reading low or correct or did you calculate the difference in MAF scale to get the 240hp airflow figures your seeing ???

Basically im worried about doing any damage to the motor lol its definately got more fuel as its poping louder than before and is burbbling now and then on overrun.

Just pulled the plugs to check on things and heres 2 plugs from 2 random cylinders after about 80+ miles.

To try and get a rough hp figure did you use the divide by 0.8 rule? I did a log on my car and I also thought my car was running low if that's the case but we have to remember these cars are getting old...

Also, you get better logging response rate if you log less channels.

I logged only maf and the one with ignition pull on it, you get a bit faster response rate.

So basically im showing around 185hp at 8psi, need to crank up that wastegate somemore :)

But dont think i will be able to do it with the turbo in situ.

Seems a touch low doesnt it?

Stock sized turbo made that sort of power on about that boost did it not? That said, my turbo is bigger than a F21 IIRC, so it makes sense that i'd be making more power.

Your log isnt ideal as its not one nice solid pull.

What you want to do is get it in 3rd gear, 2000rpm, and floor it right thru the rev range. Then lift and stop logging or set a marker. That way you can focus in on just that section of the pull. Do it while only logging MAF and maybe ignition timing so you get the better resolution.

If your ECU is stock (not remapped) You could try reconnecting the N75, but be VERY careful as you could see huge boost spikes. Because the ECU thinks your only making 150hp, it'll turn the boost up to get what it thinks is 180ish. Personally i'd just leave it as it is until you get it mapped. That said, mark ran his with the N75 connected when he had a similar hybrid without any issues, he did get some silly boost spikes to 1.4 bar though if i remember correctly.

Yeah when the f4 was intially on it would spike to 25psi but never did it after doing the ICM delete, then it sort of dropped of from peaking around 14psi to 10psi and felt flat at top of the rev range.

Think i might try set the wastegate to 10 or 12psi then do some logging it does hold 8psi all through the rev range and feels like it should of from the start. And the spark plus look ok maybe just a little to rich but it adds to the exhaust popping which is a nice little touch lol

Going to leave the N75 out for now as im happy with how it is.