1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VagCom from eBay:- Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audinary, Apr 17, 2009.

1. audinary

audinary Member

I am about to get myself VagCommed up (not before time) and will be doing so via eBay,

Any chance of someone going on and providing me with a link to a kit you like the look of? Anyone else here got theirs from the bay? I'd hate to drop coins on something cack.

Or are they all much of a muchness? '98 1.8T Sport FWD pre facelift.

Cheers.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

No, get a genuine cable then you wont drop coins on some cack
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

lol, NHN loves his genuine kit :D

I've got an ebay cable, and it works just fine. Ok theres some things it cant do, but for a B5 A4, its a decent buy for £15 in my opinion.
  4. griswold

griswold Member

I got one off ebay works fine also, was able to clear my air bag light the other week no problems with it.
    Sometimes you need to configure your com ports on your laptop.
    A good idea to have one.
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

This is true I do like my genuine leads, pity they dont have choice of colours :p

But for good reason, he has already admitted ebay leads can be cack, some have reported even there more expensive 704 counterfeits going dead, so thats money wasted upto £80 sometimes, also access to modules maybe restricted, along with if it does actually go wrong & god forbid damages any onboard systems, touch wood, so for me its a no brainer, just get genuine whether I like them or not, its irrelevant, I'd just advise buying something I can 100% put my weight behind interms of functionality & use, no charges for updates so far, support if needed is usually free, audis machine is 5k, so again no brainer, but its your choice, rather spend £200 odd with something that works time after time with no issues than waste untold hours & money on basically ****, lol.

Anyway & hows your day boys, lol
  6. sam4191

sam4191 If In doubt, Flat out!

I've got an ebay cable and software. On the disc was Vag com and 'Digimoto 4.03'. The vag com seems to work ok. Is it worth getting it licensed, as i want more from it! lol. Will this be the same software as buying the £200 software?

Also, this Digimoto thing doesn't work. Damn! looks so cool!!!
  7. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

genuine purchases are for the cable that has the VCDS (vagcom) license activation built in, with the genuine cables you get full access to latest versions of software downloadable from RT's site along with all updates & Beta's released, with regard to you want more from it, like what exactly?
  8. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

if you pay the £70 you'll get a licence for the 409 software which will work with your existing cable and unlock the adaptions, logging, full fault code readouts etc that are restricted on the shareware version.