VAGCOM Can't find "55 Headlight Range" control module - Help! :(

satj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having recently lowered my car (A5 black edition with Xenons), I'm just getting round to plug in VAGCOM and sort out my headlight leveling (with reference to the Ross-Tech pages about "learning" the new home location, and here --> Headlights adjustment via Vag-com (confirmed!)).

Now, in the list of installed control modules "55-Headlight Range" isn't present. Furthermore, it is present in the "Chassis" tab, but communications fail with it (see attached images).

Alas I didn't have time myself to fit the lowering springs: could it be when having the new springs fitted that the garage could have disconnected the auto-leveling sensors? is that enough to make the "55-Headlight Range" controller disappear from the list of installed controller? It may be worth noting that VAGCOM reported no fault codes. The odd thing is however, that although the beams are dipped they appear to be "adapting" to any undulations in the road, hinting the leveling sensors are doing their job.

May someone help / provide any hints as to why this might be the case? :(

Many thanks in advance,
Sat

1   installed modules
2   controller comms failure

In fact, looking at the Ross-Tech applications list it would seem as though many controllers are missing from the list :S

i know for sure that I have navigation, telephone, parking aid, headlight range, voice control to name a few, and non of these appear in the "installed" list, as can be seen in the attached images in the previous post.

Am I missing something here?