Vag Tacho 2.2 help required Audi TT

apowar

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an Audi TT (2002). I just used VAG Tacho 2.2 to reset the mileage. Everything seemed to have been entered correctly but once i disconnected the battery and connected it again the milegae now reads 999999. Even after driving it the mileage stays at 999999.

I've been told I need to change the display to kilometres then back to miles?

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks

whoops - your vag tacho put the wrong checksum/crc into your magnetti marelli dash (same problem with some a6 models) and now its bu**ered up.

its very unlikely to change by changing from km/miles - but to do that you just recode the dash with vag-com - its the 4rd digit from the right i think - country code - should be 4 for the uk (miles) and 1 for europe (km)

i think you will need to phone one of the dash fixing/mileage correction companies to reset your dash flash memory

try
http://www.mileagecorrectionlondon.co.uk/Audimileagecorrection.html
as an example, not a recommendation

Thanks for the advice.

Is there any way I can flash the memory of the dash myself using VAG TACHO?

not sure about vag tacho whether you can reflash the whole dash - you can try to change the mileage again and see what happens, it cant make it any worse can it....

also there is a 2.3 software update from http://opelinfo.com/ which will work with some interfaces but ? all 2.2 ones?

try the update and see what happens.

also, the vag k+can software will work to correct your dash
http://www.vag-info.com/
- current legitimate version is 4.1 and only works with their dongles - it costs about 450euro though so you are better off with a mileage corrector company.

I have an 02 S3, but with v2.2 i cannot connect to it?

Any one know what this is? as it says upto 2003 in the spec....

What dash do i have?

Thanx

some later dash inserts seem to use a different communication/encryption or login code - particularly later or replacement ones - have you tried v2.3?

if that doesnt work then dashfixer does, i dont know about vag can+k

yes this company makes the boxes - any of the mileage companies who use one would be able to fix your dash - they will work with your model.

their tool costs a few thousand pounds but the chinese copy is sometimes called tacho universal among other names - it costs about £750 on ebay but obviously you arent going to buy one of those...

Tried 2.3 and no luck.

Ok thanx for the info!

Is there any way i can get in touch with the Vag-Tacho company to discuss my issues, as it does state that it should work on a3's upto 2003, and it clearly wont work on my 2002 model.....

Any contact details or directions would be great!

Thanks

not if you bought your vag-tacho from ebay - it will be a clone and they arent going to be happy to help.

if you got it from opelinfo.com and you paid £200 or so then its legit

If you are still stuck with 999999 on your display, I can correct it for you.

Hi there.

Sorry to hi jack this thread but some of you seem pretty clued up on clusters.

I logged into my vag tacho to try and enable daytime running of my dash lights. This worked but when I reset my cluster my coolant gauge to max and put a warning on the mfa.

I loaded to old back up on but it is still there, any ideas?

Would anyone have a backup for a specific cluster or is that too much of a long shot?

Thanks

Sorry nearly forgot its a 2002 passat b5.5

The cluster is vdo new

its this spec in vagcom:

Address 17 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 3B0 920 927 A
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V08
Coding: 05415
Shop #: WSC 00050
WVWZZZ3BZ3E064704 VWZ7Z0B5528781
No fault code found.

The fault did come on straight after the reset.

This is the only new fault code

Address 08 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 3B1 907 044 J
Component: CLIMATRONIC B5GP 0005
Coding: 17000
Shop #: WSC 05311
1 Fault Found:
01299 - Diagnostic Interface for Data Bus (J533)
79-00 - Please Check Fault Codes

Thanks for the help
Adam
Forward Message

I have the same problem with my audi tt ´01. I change the mielage and now the display is showing 999999999 km and the gas meter is not working. Now I know the problem the vag tacho cable, it´s working with km only, and my car is in miles (american).

Does somebody knows the process to fix this problem?

Thank you