1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG Silvered front indicator bulbs

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by warren_S5, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Helifella

Helifella Flying low level

Just to clarify, by swapping the bulb holders from the boot & glovebox to the footwells it resolves the purple tinge of light in the footwells if using the LED upgrades from Trups????
  2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The bulb holders ARE NOT interchangeable. They are not the same.

I swapped the Philips Crystal Vision Blue W5W standard bulbs I had fitted in my glove box / boot with the LED bulbs supplied by Trups.
  3. Helifella

Helifella Flying low level

Aaaaahhhhh got ya, thanks
  4. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

Ordered a full set of interior LED's from T8ups last night after he very kindly offered me a very decent bit of discount for recommending him to another member. Managed to get the order in before he jets off on his hols. Can't wait until my interior lights look like yours, Warren!! Today I got round to fitting my ultra cool silver PSY24W SV indicator bulbs in my headlights. There is only the very slightest hint of tango in the headlights now, ..and from a totally straight on view, it's undetectable. Result! I also bit the bullet and ordered a set of the same LED number plate units as you. Don't get me wrong, I love my Polarg's (they are lovely and white and not too bright), but you're right, there is something so bang up to date about LED's and they're what I wanted in the first place, so decided just to go for it. :wub: xx
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. warren_S5

Nice one Paullie, don't think you'll be disappointed.

The guy I bought the RS3 rims from was checking out the lighting mods on the S3 and he's going to do the interior light upgrade and rear LED's. I've had nothing but good comments and a guy who lives local to my brother in law with an A5 SB even asked me for details of the rear plate LED's.

Once you get used to them they're alright! Suggest fitting overhead festoon lighting and vanity lights at a slight offset angle as it reduces glare in your eyes when its really dark.

Look forward to seeing what you think when they arrive :o.k:
  6. tcardio

tcardio Active Member

I was cleaning the whip yesterday and noticed an amber hue had returned to my indicator bulbs. Upon closer inspection, the silver overlay on the bulbs is coming off. Just wondering if you have a similar observation.
  7. warren_S5

Not noticed it yet, but at the price I'd hope not! I'll check them later
  8. rosso rocket

rosso rocket Member

OK. I want to change the indictaors to silvered ones in my SB fitted with HID units.....how the heck do you get the bulbs out?
    Looks nigh on impossible from my first look! Is it a bumper off, headlights out job, like we used to do with the Golf Mk4????
    Cheers
  9. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"

First of all mate, get rid of the HID units, you will end up blowing your wiper motor and this can be costly!!

To change the indicator bulbs, you have to go through the wheel arch. 3 or 4 screws to removec IIRC. Then peel back the arch liner and you should be able to reach in to the bulb. When you have done it once, it becomes quite simple.
  10. ruairi83

ruairi83 Active Member

if anyone is after a set of these silver PSY24W SV indicator bulbs ive a brand new set in box here for £20 posted to uk. Can take paypal and they in classified section. cheeers
  11. Benji.S3

Benji.S3 New Member

These still going mate? i'm interested