1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG retro-fit armrest

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_mc119856, Dec 26, 2004.

1. imported_mc119856

imported_mc119856 Guest

[Dec 26, 2004]
    Hi all,
    Father Christmas answered my wishes and left an armrest under the tree this year. The thing is i'm not sure if the leather matches my interior. I have half black leather inerior which is quite dark & shiney but the armrest is more of a lighter matt black. the car is five years old so maybe the interior has aged or been sheen-shined by a previous owner. The order was spec'd up form the data sticker.
    Has anyone else out there encountered this before?

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

[Dec 27, 2004]
    Could be that new leather is matt and becomes glossy as it is worn, like the interior is when it gets sat on.
    Leather care restorer/cream may get the rest of the interior back to a more matt finish.
  4. imported_apcourtenay

imported_apcourtenay Guest

[Dec 29, 2004]
    is that a centre armrest by the handbreak? i'm missing one of them, do you happen to know where to get them from?

thanks!
  5. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Dec 29, 2004]
    Its entierly up to your self BUT i never use mine personaly i find it a pain in the ar$e it gets in the way of the hand brake !
  6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Dec 29, 2004]
    I dont have one either but think it would be nice sometimes instead of my wrist taking all the weight of my arm on the Auto lever. I do miss manual sometimes didnt matter then cause arm was always moving...lol
  7. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Dec 30, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    CJ B6 2.0 said:
    I dont have one either but think it would be nice sometimes instead of my wrist taking all the weight of my arm on the Auto lever. I do miss manual sometimes didnt matter then cause arm was always moving...lol

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey conor we are talking cars here mate none of that language lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Yes leather is always hard till "wore in" your arm rest will be the exact same !
  8. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Dec 30, 2004]
    HAHAHAHA yeah cheers mate i walked into that one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif