VAG K+CAN Commander V1.4 Help

gdbarratt

A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSi
Reaction score
I bought from eBay a USB Interface VAG K+CAN including full software version 1.4 (China), this is meant to cover Audi A3 up to 2007.
I have installed the software on the laptop connected to the car and all I want to do is check the error codes.
Anyone get any idea how to use this software?
I have succesfully connected to the ABS, stereo but I can not connect to the engine or do a general sweep for errors.
I have tried to find a manual for the software but have found nothing useful.
I have downloaded V2.5, V3.0, V3.6 and V5.5 of the software also and have had no real success with these either.
I really do not want to accidently re-program anything, just want to read my own errors if their are any.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Try posting in the VCDS section of the forum mate - you may get a response but bear in mind that stuff from China does not always work the way you want it to or expect it to !!!

this hardware/software is a pig to use - there is no help coding and no long coder section so you have to know exactly what you are doing.

if you really only want the vcds recoding/error checking then you should look at getting vcds - preferrably a legit one too :)