1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG FAULTY BLB ENGINE THREAD!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Good 2 B A Gooner, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Livvylivvy

Livvylivvy New Member

[Jan 30, 2013]
    It seems like it's been a while since anyone has posted on this subject, so I was wondering if anything was still happening with these problems.
    I have a 55 plate 2.0TDi Avant which has done 143K now and has the BLB engine.

Is there a known way to identify whether my engine has the geared or chain driven oil pump system?

Thakns in advance.

2. al_p

al_p Member

[Aug 16, 2014]
    i bought my a4 brd with the balance shaft failure , also chewed up its gears so i replaced the pump with the 1.9tdi small pump chain type , had no problems since and there is actually a conversion kit available online to do this now
  3. Gruff Mugen

Gruff Mugen New Member

[Oct 31, 2014]
    Hi I'm new to this and purchased my first audi. I have just read this and I'm horrified and worried that I've just bought a bag of problems to come. I have bought a 2007 Audi a4 tdi 140
    It's the bre engine code. Can someone help shead some light on this please. is the BRE engine safe from this oil pump problem.

Many thanks..