vag com

Darrenspain

Reaction score
Hi everyone,just received my blue fleabay cable,plugged in and worked o.k then straight away laptop says program has to close and now waterever i do says same thing,any ideas?Also i have 1999 APY would i use 322 or 409.1 software can anyone tell me the difference?Also any advice or tips to using this program on windows vista 32bit,sorry also what logs will work without rosstech licence?Thanks Darren

if your os is vista, try right clicking on the vagcom shortcut ,then click run as administrator

This happened to me although im running win 7, try right clicking on desktop icon, properties, compatibility, run as xp sp3, may work? did for me!

Not sure about the OS issues, but the version you need is the VCDS-lite, which is made for 3rd party interfaces like yours. Further details: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

Check the Application/Security/System log for any messages with regards to the VCDS quitting. I remember that there is a compatibility setting for apps in Vista or Win7, but that isn't as reliable as you'd think.

Thanks guys will check this in morning,if I can get this working do you know what logs will work would like to check boost request and actual?I live in Spain cannot trust them with anything!

Hello mate, it doesnt work with windows 7. I had the same problem, it ran fine on vista and xp, just not W7.

My full copy works fine on Win7 without a prob.... If you are using the unregistered version of VAGCOM or VCDS lite then I am pretty sure logging is limited... you will want to log block 115 for boost requested vs actual (and a few other blocks along side to get a proper picture of whats going on)

According to Ross-Tech, logging (and some other features) are limited on unregistered VCDS lite/shareware version (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html) although they don't go into detail as to what...

VCDS lite is stated as being compatible with Win7 and Vista and should work with your cable but you would still need to register it to get full functionality (or as full as VCDS lite allows)

<tuffty/>