Vag com

BillyV6

"Hulk"
Reaction score
As above, I understand it as a scanning program you install on a laptop so you can remove codes Etc? Is this correct?

What I want to know is,
Does it cost anything?
Where do I get the cable from?
Do I need to get a genuine rosstech cable? Or do eBay ones work?

Cheers all.

VagCom is now called VCDS(Vag Com Diagnostic Scan), the software is free from Rosstech, but you need to pay for the lead. You can buy a cheap lead off ebay and use basic functions like scan for fault codes, or you can buy a genuine lead for around £250 which allows you to do full scans and make adjustments etc. Not cheap I know, but if you plan to stick with VAG cars in the long run, these, at this moment in time, are future proof, as Rosstech will automatically update the software for you to keep you upto date with the latest Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat models.

If you require a lead, speak to our resident member NHN(Nige), I'm sure he will sort you out.

Same as above really. Non genuine leads arnt supported here , and can also **** things up for you. I bought mine from NHN great service

^^ as above, buy cheap, buy twice. May as well have the genuine cable if your going to have vag cars for the forseeable future, link below if you want to go genuine, NHN is a site sponsor and sells the genuine vcds. :)

View Profile: NHN - Audi-Sport.net