1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vag com vcds

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vr6gordy, Aug 30, 2012.

1. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

[Aug 30, 2012]
    Looking to buy my own ..... How much and where from ?????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Aug 31, 2012]
    Rosstech about £250 if i recall...........google them.
  4. Illusion-Paul

Illusion-Paul Member

[Aug 31, 2012]
    Or try NHN on the forum, i got mine from there and well worth it!!
  5. shaz

shaz Member

[Aug 31, 2012]
    Well if I were going to buy one I'd use NHN as he's sold many to forum members,

Although I saw one recently advertised on eBay which I thought was genuine, I asked about his and this were his reply;

"It comes with the software. It is not original but whoever told you they cause problems is talking rubbish as I've been using it for over a year on my Audi and never had problems, I have also done many coding and scans on peoples cars and they have been happy. At the end of the day, a cable is just a cable and is manufacturered exactly the same, only difference is you can either pay £250+ for one from Ross Tech or you can buy my'n that does exactly the same for just £50. I can show you it all working if you come and collect. "

I asked him that I heard non genuine ones don't work aswell -

Can anyone elaborate
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 31, 2012]
    Fakes wont get the updates as serial numbers are registered. I do believe fake cables cannot do certain things that genuine cables can......NHN is best to advise on this though as its his 'bread n butter'.
  7. shaz

shaz Member

[Sep 1, 2012]
    Why do some say... A cable is just a cable?
  8. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 4, 2012]
    i've used a "cheapo" cable and also tried a mates. they can work fine but my mates struggled with newer models (wouldnt work with B6 A4) and the other worked with every model i tried it on but wouldnt work with windows 7 and seems to work 50% of the time on windows xp.

£250 is a fair whack, especially if you have no immediate need for it but if you can get the cash together it would be well worth it, especially the next time you get a DIS light on and it saves you £40+ at a garage