VAG COM RESULTS, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

rydinator

Reaction score
All i seem to be doing lately is posting about faults on my car etc.
I have had recent problems with my engine. It all seem to of started when i fitted a carbonio. It was driving perfectly and then all of a sudden it lost power and the revs would drop down to below 500rpm and almost stall and when i press the accelerater peddle it would rev to about 1500rpm and then go no further and just keep fluctuating between 500-1500rpm.
I immediately plugged it into vag com and i got the following:

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N
Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 018 AQ
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D03
Software Coding: 04000
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435
5 Faults Found:
17967 - Throttle Valve Control part (J338): Fault in basic settings
P1559 - 35-00 - -
17973 - Throttle Actuator (J338): Lower Stop not Reached
P1565 - 35-00 - -
00670 - Throttle Position Sensor (G127)
07-10 - Signal to Low - Intermittent
16506 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69): Signal too Low
P0122 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
01165 - Throttle Body Control Module (J338)
08-00 - Control Limit Surpassed
i cleared the codes and the first 2 still keep coming back, i was searching the net for ages and people said it was the throttle body unit itself, so i bought another one (second hand, that i was assured worked perfectly), but this one is still doing the same and i am getting the first 2 codes still.
Can somebody please help me out as this is driving me insane and i dont know if it is definately the throttle body or something else,

i have already tried the ross tech website and done everything that they have mentioned but still no luck and this includes cleaning the throttle body! i also cant do a TBA and it just says error and the volts read 0.03v and i am sure it should be about 3.3v but when i unplug the throttle position sensor it shoots upto about 5v which shouldnt be right
cheers

i checked the voltage of the battery and it was at 11.87v is this ok?

I had the ecu out earlier to check all the connections were ok and they seemed fine, where should i be checking for the wiring?

i checked the voltage of the battery and it was at 11.87v is this ok?

I had the ecu out earlier to check all the connections were ok and they seemed fine, where should i be checking for the wiring?

well from the throttle body back, you could do with checking continuation right up to the ecu, you could do with the pin out ref on the ecu

now you mention it, it does struggle a little bit, although not alot. Surely 11.87v without it running should be ok?

I have checked the wiring coming from the throttle position sensor but it is wrapped up with all the injector wiring etc so i cant really follow it the well, but i think it goes to the battery and then it runs underneath the plastic covers that are behind the airbox, does that make sence?

Do you reckon it could be the throttle body or something else throwing these codes up? It just wont rev past 1500rpm

If you can get the pin out drawing of the ecu, im sure somebody on here will have it...you can check that all is ok
If you want to rule it out get a battery it sounds like its on its way out anyway...

how would i go about getting the pin out of the ecu? is it in the haynes manual?

I will try a new battery asap! Could these cause the problems then?

Its an agu, so i have been trying to do the TBA on block 098, so it could be possible battery then?

The ross tech website says the battery should be atleast 11.5v to do the TBA so i would of thought 11.87v would be fine.

Is that quite low then for a battery?

Anyone? It's starting to annoy me now to the point of where I am just gonna scrap the car!