1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vag.com request

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by klauster, Mar 17, 2008.

1. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

Where can I buy it from? And will it work with my RS4, looked on ebay and a lot of them say they wont work with my car for some reason.

What should I expect to pay for software and cable.

Cheers

Nick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

The best way to buy the correct cable and thus the software is direct from Ross-Tech in the US. Most of the cables on eBay will not work with the latest versions of the software. Basically you purchase a cable from Ross-Tech which acts as a 'dongle' and you then download the latest version of the software from their web-site.

I have just ordered a Micro-CAN cable for my A3 for $249 plus $43.50 shipping, but this type of cable only works on the A3 or Golf 5.

The cables to work with other Audi's can be purchased as either Seriel or USB and cost $349 + shipping and VAT has to be paid when they come into the UK.

Their web-site is: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

4. phantom

phantom On Boost

Whats the difference Dave between the Micro-can , and the HEX-usb-can , apart from the price?

Thanks

p

5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

As I understand it, The Micro-CAN cable can only be used with cars based on the Golf 5 platform - here is a list...
    The HEX-USB+CAN type cable can be used on most modern Audis and other VAG Group cars including the current A3.

6. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

ordered it, many thanks for replies

7. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

Watch out though as I think I've screwed up my boot lid opening so make sure you keep a note of any original coding before changing anything!

See thread here

8. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Well I've got my cable and downloaded the software. Connected to the car this afternoon and did a full Auto Scan and saved all the information.

Now all I have to do is find out how to recode my Bi-Xenon headlights for continental driving. Anyone out there done this?