Vag com recommendations please

ANDYMC_TQS

Reaction score
i would like to get a decent vag com, there are so many on eBay and I’m sure they are mostly good but does anyone have a link to a tried and tested one please

i would like to get a decent vag com, there are so many on eBay and I’m sure they are mostly good but does anyone have a link to a tried and tested one please
Ok so I know this is the great unmentionable on some forums but I've recently bought a clone from ebay on the basis that as long as it told me any fault codes and allowed me to reset them if needs be that was all I needed. I don't have the facility to do major repairs on my car I just wanted something that would point me in the right direction to avoid getting ripped off by a garage. :)

61BA4BFC CCAA 40D8 83AC BF6B64A9A656
In the US it is an OBDII scanner... just get one from a reputable brand (I use a Bosch one from a local retailer) for about $40 and eBay is not the best place to look for one...JMHO

Last edited:
I picked my genuine one up for £100 on the bay, trouble with many of the copy things is they are very limited on what they will actually let you do so you may as well put that money towards the proper thing!!

View attachment 152064 In the US it is an OBDII scanner... just get one from a reputable brand (I use a Bosch one from a local retailer many years ago) for about $40 and eBay may not be the best place to look for one...JMHO

To be really fair, buy a new dedicated one for Audi's is probably better than a generic OBD II only, so here is a VAG com one for around $35 or £25

Audi VGate VS450

Last edited: