Vag Com newbie questions

chshwong

Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently purchased an Audi A4 2010.

I figured that VAG-Com 908.1 cable is the interface I need. I am one payment away to get that, but want to make sure that i'm on the right track.

Being a total n00b at this, I'd like to ask:

First, where can I download the needed software for free onto my laptop?
I see that I can download it from Ross Tech, but it seems like I need a license?

Secondly, say I got the software working.
How can I program the following?
- Control the windows from remote
- Keep LED lights on when signaling
- Turn off seatbelt/lights-on warning sound
- Make the gauge look cooler when starting the engine.

I live in GTA,Ontario btw. If anyone here sell that cable or provide such service, let me know!

Thanks!

I sell the genuine cables & I just checked the price in Canada & its very expensive, so please PM me & I'm sure I can assist in supplying a cable.

I figured that VAG-Com 908.1 cable is the interface I need. I am one payment away to get that, but want to make sure that i'm on the right track.
By the name you are specifying, you are talking about an illegal copy of the Ross-Tech product - just thought I would mention that. Genuine items are sold only by our distributors and are not sold on eBay.

Being a total n00b at this, I'd like to ask:

First, where can I download the needed software for free onto my laptop?
The free version of VCDSLite will not work with your 2010 Audi A4. You need a real interface and the full VCDS software.

I see that I can download it from Ross Tech, but it seems like I need a license?
The license you need will be built into the genuine interface. You do not need an additional license. Download on the Ross-Tech Website.

Secondly, say I got the software working.
How can I program the following?
- Control the windows from remote
- Keep LED lights on when signaling
- Turn off seatbelt/lights-on warning sound
- Make the gauge look cooler when starting the engine.
Some of the requested items can be found in the Ross-Tech Wiki - free of charge

I live in GTA,Ontario btw. If anyone here sell that cable .....
H2Sport sells over the counter - Other Canadian distributors ship all over Canada via Canadian post