Vag-com needed ross tech but what one ?

L3WJX

Reaction score
Vag-com needed ross tech but what one ?

I have just got one off ebay does the job i supose but want a real one what works on all cars wich one do i go for and can sombody send me the link to the one i no,

Thanks alot ;):drool:

Can you also reset servise lights ?
and change milage ???

Last edited:
Haha i dont no if to sell incase my one f**ks up lmao,i will let you no my friend ;)

Buy the genuine one. Seeing as you want to use there software you should at least let them have the credit for it and get paid for the good work that they are doing.

if thats the case steve you should recommended buying the full software mate. the cable is a cable at the end of the day. they didnt design that.

software should be credited by all means. the full version wouldnt sell half as much if the lite version wasnt available. im doing them a favour by testing the lite version for them :D

I might be wrong about this but im sure that the genuine cable is what has the thing to allow you to use the full version. There isnt a lisence key as such.

By all means use the free version with the cheap cables out there. But if you want the full functionality support the guys by buying there stuff.

Steve

Well they did actually design the cable, The USB ones are bespoke to rosstech and contain the licence key etc.

They ebay cables are simply an older design that they dont use any more that have been cloned.

One thing you can do, is buy an ebay cable, and a licence for VCDS Lite. Costs $100 for the licence, and gives you (mostly) full functionality with the dumb ebay cable on older cars. Then if you decide in the future to upgrade to a genuine cable, they give you a $100 rebate for already having baught a licence, so your not even wasting any money, bar the tenner for the ebay lead.

Well they did actually design the cable, The USB ones are bespoke to rosstech and contain the licence key etc.

They ebay cables are simply an older design that they dont use any more that have been cloned.

One thing you can do, is buy an ebay cable, and a licence for VCDS Lite. Costs $100 for the licence, and gives you (mostly) full functionality with the dumb ebay cable on older cars. Then if you decide in the future to upgrade to a genuine cable, they give you a $100 rebate for already having baught a licence, so your not even wasting any money, bar the tenner for the ebay lead.

theres nothing bespoke about turning a serial lead into a USB lead.

the ebay leads aka third party leads are for the lite version anyway which is free.

their leads will let u use the full version.

anyways dont mean to be a **** just saying

I'm saying their USB leads arent just the old serial design with a USB convertor stuck on the end, they are proper USB devices which contain the licence key and a native USB interface. Which is also why the serial leads cant do canbus.

You can use the full version with an ebay lead, you just need to buy a licence for it.