Vag Com Leads

Cheers Aragorn,....I need the max HD/RAM for work aps (most pc's sh1t themselves and crash when your video conference, google earthing, ms wording and excelling at once) so a switchable boot is a no go. Looks like I will be hi-jacking the other halfs!

When its running in MacOS it will have all the system ram available for use as normal, so there wont be any difference in performance. You'll just have to partition off a small section of the hard disk for windows to reside on, and this shouldnt really cause any problems as most machines these days have pretty huge disks anyway.

The other possibility is to run windows inside a virtual machine like VMWare Fusion, so you start it up like any other app, but you may find you'll have timing problems with the virtualised install.

TBH fellas I treat my pro book like a baby, bit sad really....The thought of it getting oily and scratched in the car is horrifying.....

Apologies for jumping in on the thread.

I'm having problems with my vagcom. Got an eBay lead and 409.1 which has worked on my old Compaq laptop (xp) and Acer laptop (Win7). I have since sold the acer and got an Asus network (Win7). Now I can't get vagcom to work.
I keep getting a "No response from controller" error.
The port is configured to match the usb socket.
To make things more confusing I am now getting the same error on the Compaq laptop.

I have also tried vdcs-lite on the Asus but no joy.

I am currently getting an ABS error message on the dis, which I wanted to investigate.

Does anyone have any ideas why my car isn't talking to vagcom?

I have had 2 8l a3's and the cable worked a treat from ebay on both cars .. but sadly my car does not show up on vcds using this cable now ..its a 8p a3 07 2.0 tdi ,, i have vcds fully working .which ebay cable do i need now ? any help apprecited guys

No response from controller i assume is from the ABS?

Try the engine controller.

When the ABS ECU fails it wont respond to vagcom, and will give that error.

No response from controller i assume is from the ABS?

Try the engine controller.

When the ABS ECU fails it wont respond to vagcom, and will give that error.

I have tried the engine controller, same result - No response from controller.
Am starting to wonder if there's something up with the find port in the car.
Anyone got the wiring diagram for this (it lives in the rear ashtray behind the handbrake)