1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG -COM help required

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Andy Shipton, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Andy Shipton

Andy Shipton Member

I have just purchased VAG-COM and have started using it however I have the following questions:

I am about to retro fit both RNS-E and Bluetooth phone prep to my 2004 A3 Sport back I have looked at a lot of the sites about recoding and have these questions

CODING FOR RNS-E
    0x?xx Malfunction Diagnosis should it be 0 or 1 for this model.

0xxx? Telephone/Telematic which number should I use as I am about to fit Bluetooth.

0xxxx?x Equipment 1 which number should I use here?

CODING FOR TELEPHONE PREP
    00xx?xx Installation List what number should I use here?

Does anybody have the correct coding for my vehicle I have a multifunction steering wheel and cd player located in the glove box, any help regarding the recoding of my vehicle and how to complete it would be gratefully appreciated
    regards

Andy

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Uwe@Ross-Tech

Uwe@Ross-Tech Member

4. Sebastian

Sebastian Member

The car Uwe referred to had a coding of 0209617, but keep in mind that's a US model with Bose sound system.

5. Uwe@Ross-Tech

Uwe@Ross-Tech Member

Sebastian is a fastidious collector of Auto-Scans...;-)

He makes a good point that you can't just use this coding if the car doesn't have a Bose sound sytem, but it should still hed some light on the digits that aren't entirely clear since the RNS-E is factory installed, as is the Bluetooth module in that car.

-Uwe-