1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vag Com fault code comes and goes...00526 brake light switch F implausible signal

S3 Paul Oct 17, 2011

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

As above realy, This code comes and goes and the car feels a little flat when its there,
    I do have the dash brake light out warning from time to time as my drivers side rear light some times doesnt come on... but then next press it works.
    Ive looked it up on Ross Tec site and it says what might cause the code but not if it would make the car hold back.
    Is this likely and is it worth just trying the bulb or should i buy a switch too?

2. Slammedorion

Slammedorion Active Member

I'd replace the bulb, the filament sounds like it's on it's way out.
    I've also had to change the brake pedal switch due to no brake lights a couple of years ago.

3. Slammedorion

Slammedorion Active Member

I'd replace the bulb, the filament sounds like it's on it's way out.
    I've also had to change the brake pedal switch due to no brake lights a couple of years ago.

4. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Brake light switch is only £10 from the stealers (i got one last week) and takes about 30mins to fit as i took off the trim below the steering wheel to make access easy.