Vag Com Cable, please help newbie

MFM

Reaction score
I stupidly disconnected the wife's 2011 A3's glove box to see why her blower fan stopped working. I switched the ignition on while the glove box was disconnected and now I have a permanent airbag light on.

I'd like to reset it myself, so looking to get Vag Com, but there are so many different variants of the cables, I don't know which one to get.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? Perhaps someone on the forum sells it?

The genuine Ross tech cable is around £270. I'm sure there are lots of others around at a fraction of the cost but I'm not sure what they are. Where are you located? We have a vcds map with local users that could help you out.

Reactions: xpoweruk
The genuine Ross tech cable is around £270. I'm sure there are lots of others around at a fraction of the cost but I'm not sure what they are. Where are you located? We have a vcds map with local users that could help you out.

£270, yikes. I think I'm better off getting someone who can help out in the meantime. Thing is, the wife's MOT expires end of this month so I need to get it sorted asap.

I'm in Berkshire, Reading area. Can you point me towards the map of users please? I'd be eternally grateful.

If you go to top right where you log on to the forum you will see your name. If you in s mobile it be a little box, if on a PC it will be an envelope. Click this, you looking for conversation. Start new conversation. Add recipient, add title, add message, then press start conversation button at the bottom. That be your message sent

If you go to top right where you log on to the forum you will see your name. If you in s mobile it be a little box, if on a PC it will be an envelope. Click this, you looking for conversation. Start new conversation. Add recipient, add title, add message, then press start conversation button at the bottom. That be your message sent
Done, thanks!

If you need a genuine vcds, I sell for £258 delivered.

If you need a genuine vcds, I sell for £258 delivered.
Thanks for the offer but I'm not going to spend that much on something I'll probably never need again.

They are great to have and Nigel is good to deal with. If you ever change your rear brakes and have electronic parking brake, you will get your money back straight away. Invaluable for checking for faults as well. No software to purchase as that is free for life with the cable.

Also, if you decide that you aren't going to use it, they really hold their value.