1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG COM - a bit of help?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by stevethejambo, Jun 20, 2004.

1. stevethejambo

stevethejambo Member

[Jun 20, 2004]
    Hi,

I just wondered if anyone could give me a brief explanation of VAG COM. I was under the impression that you can buy a lead, and download shareware software that allows you to use the system on a laptop? Also, do they change the connections often, or is there one standard connection that will work on VWs and Audis?

I know it may seem a stupid question, but I dont really know too much about it. Any explanation is much appreciated! Thanks,

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Jun 20, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    stevethejambo said:
    I was under the impression that you can buy a lead, and download shareware software that allows you to use the system on a laptop?

YUP - CORRECT

Also, do they change the connections often, or is there one standard connection that will work on VWs and Audis?

not sure matey

I know it may seem a stupid question, but I dont really know too much about it. Any explanation is much appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not stupid at all mate, if ya don't know ask, that's what makes this place! I ask heaps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif