1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vag can some one put it in simple terms for me

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by imported_my_audi_is_brok, Oct 14, 2005.

1. [Oct 14, 2005]
    hi all i have been looking about on ebay and seen a lot of vag stuff and wondered what the hell it dose how it works and if i can use it? i know nothing about it as all i have lernt i have lernt from tractors and playing about with audi's. right no from what i can guess vag is a bit like the system we use on mates race car (we run a motec m800 ) and if my guess are correct it is very simla to the motec system. the motec is a ecu in my mates GT car that controls everthing and when ever the car breaks (so far ever race ) the engine builder pluges in his laptop and say it is dead. now what i want to know if vag like this is it a Diagnostic softwear that you just plug in to the ecu and it tells you all your problems ? and if that is what it is will it work on my cars ( audi 100 2.8 v6 quattro x2 and a audi a4 2.8 v6 quattro) if it is a wonderful progam that solves all my probs could some one tell me how it works and how i can get hold of it as the only place i have seen it for sale is ebay and i guess it is dodgy. please help as this new fangled stuff really confuses me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif am am only used to my tractors lol

cheers mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Oct 14, 2005]