Vacuum pipe? what pipe is this..?

Dans-first-Audi

Reaction score
Hello, need some help.

Seems this pipe has split I'm just wondering what it is. It looks like it might be a vacuum pipe for the brakes or something. Any ideas?

Could this be why the management light is on?

Cheers.

[The pipe with the black tape around it that runs directly along side the inlet manifold]

n501347855_1443409_7035035.jpg

Its a breather pipe IIRC. Wont have any bearing on the management light MO, get it VAG'd and it will tell you exactly whats wrong

P.S It must be breathing pretty heavy, it's definatly vacuum I think but not sure what for?

someone has mentioned it goes to the N75 valve?

If it is the suction thingy , i have one of those kicking about here you can have for a fiver inc post. Will take a pic later for comparison

I've got vagcom but no lead -

I really need to sort the car to be honest- I don't treat it well enough and often throw engines in the boot etc.

Maybe this summer it'll get a good going over.

Whats the score with suspension parts? I've got a slight knock on the steering where when turning in the centre slightly. Whats most common?

leads are a tenner on ebay...

The suspension arms on the front are the usual culprits. On a high mileage car you would benefit from changing the lot tbh, just dont buy cheap ones as they last all of 10 minutes.

Last year I baught a cheap ebay kit for ours for £130ish and 4kmiles later it had that much play that it had killed both front tyres. Second time round i purchased a Meyle kit from german ebay for £300 delivered. That contained all 8 arms, the ARB links and the track rod ends. Fitted that and they have been fine to date.

Jack it up and see if theres any noticeable play in the joints. If there is then i'd be replacing them all, then you'll need to take it and get the alignment done somewhere.

I'd recommend a place that has the computerised kit that can check all the geometry, as it gives you peace of mind that its been done right, and that nothing else is out of range.